Product Comparison: BenQ EX3501R vs Samsung C34F791
- No problems recognizing it on both Mac and Windows at full resolution / 100hz. Good resolution.
- The resolution and clarity of the screen are amazing.
- Great for gaming as long as you have the hardware to play at this resolution.
- The high dynamic range & superb resolution on this monitor provides an amazingly rich experience.
- So, the resolution is too low for me.
- I am surprised, monitor resolution and picture quality improve.
- The extra resolution is nice, better for webpages, video editing and such.
- The increase to 3440x1440 resolution is amazing.
- The 100hz and resolution were lovely and worked straight away without issue.
- The screen resolution is incredible as well as the sound quality!
- Single player games such as Odyssey are quite fantastic on this display.
- I seem to have received a very good VA panel.
- It makes games look a bit more realistic and youtube HDR video's especially look amazing.
- I have yet to test a 4k HDR bluray. Perfect image.
- Great fonts, scaling, brightness (either high or low) no bleed through on edges. Love love love this monitor!
- The display has excellent constrast and colour reproduction.
- Rich deep colours and a display that is easy on the eye and not to painful on the wallet.
- The image is crisp and excellent, for a VA panel I think its on par with IPS displays.
- The brightness is also good, I tend to use it on around 40 during the day and bring it down at night.
- There are some images which cause the brightness or gamma of the monitor to change suddenly.
- One of the main reasons I purchased this monitor is the HDR feature.
- With this wide monitor and with the capabilities of Windows and split screen features, its awesome.
- This monitor as the best all around features for the money.
- This is a very good monitor with many features.
- There are features to auto-adjust the monitor's brightness and color to surrounding conditions.
- The menu - activated by a button behind the screen in the bottom right corner - is easy to navigate.
- VA panel and understand those features this monitor is an excellent representation of what you can currently buy.
- The OSD is a pretty standard, there's not much in there besides your basic monitor RGB calibration and a few extra features like PIP and PBP.
- It also adjusts the tilt- meaning colour shift is a big issue as not all desks are the same height.
- The monitor has VERY thin bezzles which run the perimeter of the display. On the edge there is this nice light glow effect.
- The usb-c support is neat and the monitor can be used as a docking station with just the need to plug one cable to connect a laptop.
- Cables for different connection types are included.
- It was immediately recognized once connected and mounted as 2nd monitor.
- I tested with multiple sources and connections, all showed the same results, a noticeably darker area.
- There is however only 2 USB ports which is a little frustrating as I need 3 for my setup.
- It comes with USBC and HDMI cables, and the USBC charges my mac as well as connecting the monitor.
- The USB hub in the back of the monitor is great.
- USB cable charges my phone and synchs it to my laptop.
- The monitor worked great and no issues with USB-C connected.
- I also had issues with switching between sources and the USB hub.