Concept2 Model D
What Can Be Easier?
Smart Workout Performance Monitoring
Exercising on this rowing machine is really comfortable due to its ergonomic shape of the seat, adjustable footrests, and rubber-coated handle. The machine is supplied with a user manual following which you'll spend no longer than 10 minutes to put it together. The assembly is easy and trouble-free. Thanks to the compact dimensions of the unit when it's folded, it's also convenient to store it under your bed or in a drawer.
In all, if you need an effective, functional, and reliable rowing machine, the Concept2 Model D is a fantastic choice!
WaterRower Ash A1
No More Cold Metal!
Just Add Some Water
Solid as a Rock
In all, this indoor water rower is a great choice for people who wish to strengthen their cardiovascular system, as well as to keep their muscles toned up. Easy-to-use, efficient, and 100% nature-friendly!
We R Sports RowX2
Enjoy the Silence
Get Ready for Serious Training
Easy to Use, Easy to Store
JTX Fitness Foldable
Versatile Training Programmes
Following the Shape of Your Chest
In general, this JTX rowing machine is a great tool for everybody who wants to keep fit, from amateurs to seasoned sportsmen.
Body Sculpture BR1900 Twin
Start Rowing Right at Home
Make a Pause
Storing This Rowing Machine is Effortless
If you wish to feel like a real oarsman and train the muscles of your shoulders, arms, and back, this Body Sculpture is the best choice. Moreover, it needs no electricity, which means no extra spending for your monthly budget!
What is a Rowing MachineAs you can guess, rowing machines are called so after the sports of rowing. The reason is that during working out, your movements follow the ones performed by oarsmen.
This fitness equipment can be called unique since 80% of your body muscles stressed when you are performing this exercise. Back, shoulder, abdominal, leg, and arm muscles are trained during this exercise. You’ll be able not only to tone up your muscles but also lose weight, prevent a heart attack, and maintain a healthy condition of your body in general.
If your favourite kind of exercising is running, we recommend you to look through our review of the best treadmills.
What Features to CompareType
There are two kinds of rowing machines – mechanical and magnetic – and they have their own sub-types. There are 3 types of mechanical rowing machines.
- Flywheel rowing machines are the most widespread. They have a propeller rotating due to a motion of a flywheel. The more effort you apply, the stronger the resistance of a machine is.
- Water rowing machines have the similar operating principle, however, the resistance is created by the water kept in a water tank. Your every stroke makes the propeller move inside the tank so you feel the effect of resistance on your muscles.
- Finally, hydraulic rowing machines work due to two pistons creating the resistance by means of a special liquid.
- Magnetic rowing machines create the resistance by means of two magnets moving at a certain distance from a flywheel.
- Electromagnetic rowing machines have the same operating principle but also use an electromagnetic field while working.
The rowing machine consists of several parts. All of them perform their own functions to make the process of exercising as effective as possible. The frame can be made of wood or stainless steel. A sliding seat is designed to train your feet while your arms are strengthened thanks to a handle attached to a hawser. Depending on the type of a machine, there is also a flywheel or pistons generating the resistance. A monitor displays the speed, time, burned calories, and the distance for you to understand how your progress is going. The majority of rowing machines have special straps to fix your feet for a better convenience and safety.
This feature is of the utmost importance, too. Since a rowing machine is a relatively large and heavy equipment, you probably want it to be convenient and easy-to-use. Pay attention to the way the unit works. The softer the process of setting the machine in motion is, the more pleasant your training will be. Remember that it’s easy to make magnetic machines work smoothly while those having a flywheel tend to jerk slightly every time you make a new stroke. However, it’s not a reason to neglect these wonderful machines. The ability to fold a rower makes the storage of the equipment more convenient. Built-in wheels will also be an advantage since they allow you to move your rowing machine with smaller effort.
1. How to Choose the Right Rowing Machine for You, eBay. March 10, 2016.
2. How to choose your rowing machine? Decathlon.
3. How to Choose a Rowing Machine, Overstock.
4. A guide to rowing machines, Argos.
5. Todd Maternowski How to Choose a Rowing Machine, Healthy Living Fitness.
6. About Rowing Machines, Fitness-Superstore.
7. Nicole Catanese ROWING IS THE NEW SPINNING, Harper's Bazaar. September 16, 2014.
8. How to Row on a Rowing Machine, wikiHow.