700 W (small hob)
1000 W (large hob)
2 heating elements
600 W (small hob)
1000 W (large hob)
2 heating elements
2 heating elements
600 W (small hob)
800 W (large hob)
4 heating elements
2 heating elements
Andrew James AJ000548
Whatever You Want, Wherever You Want
Versatile Andrew James AJ000548 mini oven is a perfect choice for people who need to cook often but don’t have enough space for a full-size conventional oven. With 32 cm x 32 cm x 51 cm dimensions, this appliance will find its place even in rather small premises. But no way will its compact size affect its performance. 33-litre capacity suffices to cook breakfast for a family of four, for example. And even if you have a conventional oven, this toaster one will be an additional appliance to help you prepare festive dinner for a large company much faster. Pay attention to the range of functions the appliance boasts. You can bake, roast, boil, and fry using two hobs and an oven. By the way, it’s possible to perform all these functions simultaneously to get several dishes ready at once.
Three Ways to Use the Oven
The manufacturer of Andrew James AJ000548 has equipped it with an oven and two hobs, thus, provided you with an extended range of functions. Below, three main ways to use the oven are described.
- It’s better to use the hobs for frying and boiling. 15-cm burner operates under 300W, 400W or 700W power, and is more suitable for heating up food and slow cooking. The second hob—18 cm in diameter with 350W, 650W, and 1000W power settings—is designed for fast cooking and frying.
- With a grill rack and lower & upper heating option, you’ll be able to roast chicken or meat perfectly.
- You can also use the oven for baking. Making tiny cookies or big cakes is as easy as anything thanks to adjustable temperature and five oven settings.
Several Reasons for Choosing a Convection Mini Oven
If you’re still thinking whether convection mini oven is a worthy purchase, we’d like to point out several advantages this appliance possesses.
1. Convection oven cooks food by forcing hot air to circulate around the ingredients evenly. This way of cooking minimises oil use and is considered a healthy one.
2. Some of the convection ovens have hobs on the top panel, it greatly extends their performance.
3. As a rule, such kitchen appliances have intuitively simple controls, so even novice cooks won’t face troubles cooking with a toaster oven.
4. The word “mini” speaks for itself and implies that such ovens are compact to suit even small premises. Moreover, installation is quite simple. Just put an oven on a flat heat-resistant surface and plug it in.
VonShef 36L Convection Mini Oven
If you need a reliable and functional kitchen appliance to substitute your large oven, VonShef model will definitely come to your liking. Regardless its impressive capacity of 36 litres, it is finely compact to fit a small kitchen. Plus, a wide range of functions coupled with well-thought design enables you to cook a great variety of dishes in no time. Built-in stove with two hobs will help you fry, stew or heat up your meals while the oven will perfectly handle roasting, baking, and even rotisserie spit roasting. Just imagine that besides common dishes you'll be able to cook kebab or rotisserie chicken without having to leave your home. What is more, cooking becomes even easier with intuitively understandable control panel and a 60-minute timer with an alarm sound. Don’t overlook different power levels of the hobs (600W for a small one and 1000W for a big one) and the oven (2700W) which are high enough to cook even the most complicated dishes quite quickly. On top of that, you can be sure your meal will never get burnt due to an adjustable temperature within 100°C–230°C range.
Pizza in a Toaster Oven? Easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Take a pre-baked pizza crust and spread your most favourite ingredients over it.
2. Preheat an oven to 200°C and put your pizza inside. Set 10-minute time on the timer.
3. Just to be on the safe side and avoid burning your pizza, check on its readiness every 3 minutes—brown crust and melted cheese mean the pizza is ready.
To serve homemade pizza, you might need a pizza cutter. With this appliance in your kitchen, portioning pizza into equal slices will be effortless.
Everything You Need for Cooking
The manufacturer has done its best to provide you with everything you need to start using the oven right out of the box. Grill rack, rotisserie spit, baking tray, and tray handle are included in the box, so you can begin improving your cooking skills as soon as you bring VonShef convection mini oven home.
Andrew James AJ000300
Value Your Time
Looking for a versatile, yet compact and easy-to-use mini oven? If so, we recommend you to consider Andrew James MiniOven And Grill. This 20-litre appliance will become an irreplaceable assistant in your kitchen. Whether you want to cook a festive dinner or small portions of meat or vegetables, it will perfectly substitute or complete your full-size oven. The beauty of this appliance is that it boasts extremely fast heating option and heats up the oven to 200°C within 3-4 minutes, thus, rids you of the necessity to spend hours cooking. And five cooking functions make this model second to none even compared to many of its more expensive rivals:
1. Upper heating is perfect to get a crispy skin on a roasted chicken, for example.
2. Lower heating handles warming ready meals up and making snacks.
3. Upper heating coupled with a convection fan create an effect of a conventional oven.
4. Upper and lower heating working at the same time are ideal for baking.
5. Upper and lower heating with a convection fan ensure even airflow inside the oven, so this option is just what you need if you plan to roast a whole chicken or make several dishes in one go.
All in all, having chosen Andrew James Mini Oven And Grill, you’ll see that cooking can be a pleasure.
Advantages of Toaster Ovens Over Conventional Ones
1. Intuitively simple controls. All operations are carried out using either mechanical dials or buttons (the type of controls varies from model to model) that have printed tips. It makes cooking easy even for a novice cook.
2. It saves your time. Toaster ovens heat up to the set temperature several times faster than full-sized ones.
3. It cuts down electricity bills. This becomes possible due to manual power adjustment offered by most mini ovens represented on the market.
4. Durability. As a rule, the materials of such ovens are heat- and scratch-resistant. Not only they prolong the service life of your appliances but they also ensure hassle-free cleaning.
What Capacity to Choose
The choice of capacity depends on how many people you will cook for. Ovens of smaller capacity (up to 10 litres) will suffice for a couple of toasts or another dish of the same size. 16-20-litre ovens will meet the needs of a small family or will become a nice supplement to a full-sized oven. The capacity of over 30 litres is considered to be a large one and it will be suitable for cooking great amounts of food or making 40-cm pizza. Whatever capacity you choose, keep in mind that the larger it is the bigger in size the oven will be.
Pick one of the best-selling cooking thermometers represented on the market, and you’ll always know for sure when the dish you cook is ready.
Oypla Mini Oven Kitchen Mate c/w Hot Plates And Grill
Best Oven for a Small Company
Oypla mini oven has a 26-litre capacity, and will perfectly suit a family of 2-3 people to meet everyday cooking needs. Same as the majority of mini ovens, it can be used as an addition to a full-sized oven or replace it altogether. Quite a compact size (50 cm x 32 cm x 48.5 cm) allows you to set it almost anywhere you need. Place it on a kitchen countertop; it will not take a lot of space and you will never have to bend to put the tray in or take it out like you do with your full-size oven.
Some Advantages to Take Notice Of
Although the oven isn’t very big in size, it boasts 4 heating elements that not only warm it up in mere seconds but considerably speed up the cooking process. One more advantage is the non-stick overcoating. This feature allows you to grill and bake, and be sure that no burnt foodstuff will remain in the oven after cooking. Plus, such coating simplifies maintenance of the appliance dramatically. As for countertop hobs, they possess different maximum power levels, thus, they can be used for different purposes. 600-Watt small burner is better suited for boiling or stewing, and the large one with 800-Watt power is fitting for frying or fast cooking. It’s also possible to utilise both hobs and the oven simultaneously. Moreover, you can use Oypla mini oven as a microwave. Manual temperature adjustment within 100°C–250°C range is worth mentioning too since it guarantees you full control over the cooking process.
If you want to get the best results while cooking in a toaster oven and at the same time prolong its service life, we’d like to draw your attention to some several simple rules.
1. Heat up an oven in advance; just turn it on 10-15 minutes before you put ingredients inside and set the temperature a bit higher than the one you need for cooking. Not only will it provide even air flow over the cooked dish but will also speed up the cooking process.
2. If you’re going to cook several meals at once, place them in an oven evenly. However, note that cooking a lot of dishes simultaneously can take you more time.
3. Hold the doors of an oven shut all the time.
4. Use special cookware for cooking in the oven.
5. Don’t use aggressive detergents for oven cleaning.
Great Choice for a Small Kitchen
If your kitchen is tiny (or you don’t have a separate kitchen at all) and there is no space for a full-sized oven, it’s time to consider Elgento E14025 model. Its dimensions are 41.4 cm x 28.7 cm x 24.6 cm, so it will definitely find its place in your house. Moreover, a size this compact gives you a chance to take the oven outside (for example, to a friend's house). Four rubber feet provide the oven's stability and protect the surface from overheating. As for its capacity, it is only 9 litres, however, the oven can still surprise you with its performance. Cookies, cakes, pizzas, chicken wings, toasts or hot sandwiches—Elgentomini oven is suitable for cooking all this and even more. It’s possible due to adjustable 90°C - 230°C temperature and 800-Watt power level. And with a 60-minute timer, you’ll never run a risk of overcooking your dishes.
Clear Some Space in Your Kitchen
Even if your kitchen is small, you still can make use of it. Here is some advice on how to do it.
- Don’t clutter limited space with bulky kitchen appliances. Try to choose compact-sized fridge, substitute a stand mixer with a hand one, and purchase a versatile mini oven.
- Consider getting a folding table.
- Built-in kitchen hood is another way to save space.
- Minimise the number of cookware. Use only those pans and bowls that are really necessary.
Having examined the Elgentomini oven closer, we dare say it will please you with its package contains. The manufacturer has included a baking tray, a wire rack, and a crumb tray in the box, so you have all necessary accessories to start using the oven right out of the box. Needless to say that the rack will come in handy to cook meat and fish or to defrost a pre-made pizza. Plus, it’s convenient to make toasts or sandwiches using the rack. The tray is an ideal cookware for meat roasting, vegetable stewing, and baking. Finally, crumb tray is what you need for hassle-free maintenance of your mini oven since it prevents crumbs from gathering inside the appliance. All in all, with necessary accessories included, Elgento mini oven will become your irreplaceable kitchen assistant for long years. However, if you want to extend the number of useful extras, feel free to choose among silicone, glass, and ceramic cookware as these are the materials considered to be the best for cooking in mini ovens.
What is a Toaster Oven
Kitchen appliances were engineered to simplify the process of cooking. However, each appliance performs different functions for cooking various dishes. This is the reason why homemakers want to obtain as many cooking appliances as possible. But here we face the problem of limited space at the kitchen and thus want to find some versatile unit that can replace several kitchen appliances at once. Today we are going to present you a toaster oven - an appliance that combines the capabilities of a microwave oven, a toaster, and a conventional oven. Almost all toaster ovens can make toasts, however, unlike ordinary toasters, this appliance is used for making barbeque, baking, broiling, warming, reheating or defrosting different kinds of food. A toaster oven heats up due to the infrared, quartz or ceramic heating elements and hence, generates less heat in comparison with other kitchen appliances. The best toaster ovens can accommodate large portions of food, take little space, and offer different pre-set cooking functions that simplify the cooking process. Be sure that this versatile appliance will become an indispensable assistant in your kitchen. Sounds interesting, doesn't it?
If you are fond of cooking and baking different substantial food in a healthy way, consider buying air fryers which will help you do it quickly and without difficulties.
What Features to Compare
When it comes to buying a toaster oven, you should primarily consider its type and cooking modes. There are several different types of ovens available on the market and each one has its own peculiarities.
- Standard toaster ovens can toast from 4 to 6 slices of bread at a time. They allow you to control temperature and choose different cooking modes. Standard toaster ovens are perfect for warming, baking, and toasting.
- Convection toaster ovens have a fan inside the appliance that evenly distributes heated air throughout the interior, thereby reducing the cooking time. Therefore, owing to the even heat exposure, you can preset lower cooking temperatures.
- Infrared toaster ovens transfer heat directly to the food instead of heating the air around your dish. Infrared toaster ovens don't require preheating and cook about 50% faster than standard toaster ovens.
- Rotisserie toaster ovens are equipped with their own spit, allowing you to roast the whole chicken for a dinner. So, some models are convenient for rotisserie cooking only. On the other hand, rotisserie is an additional element in a fully-featured toaster oven.
The cooking modes are meant to automatically adjust temperature, time, and heating mode just at the touch of a button. Automatic modes allow you to prepare a certain dish at the ideal temperature and heating mode quite quickly. In addition, a wide variety of pre-set modes allows preparing dishes in different ways: bake, broil, warm, reheat or defrost. Some toaster ovens boast the capability of manually controlling time and temperature in all preset cooking modes. This option will allow you to choose the optimal temperature for any meal. On the other hand, several models of mini-ovens offer only a manual time and temperature selection. For those who prefer having crispy and brown toasts, toaster ovens allow varying the shade settings. The manufacturers equip the best toaster ovens with up to 7 shade settings to meet the requirements of every user.
The next important aspect to take into account when choosing a toaster oven is its functionality. This feature depends on 2 major criteria - capacity and power. Capacity is the interior space of the unit that determines the amount of food a toaster oven can hold. It is a good idea to consider what food you are going to cook in it along with how much counter space you have. The size of a toaster oven directly depends on its capacity. Choose a small appliance to free up a counter space or opt for a bigger one if you want to expand you cooking options to make a roasted chicken.
The second criterion to take into account is the power of an appliance. The power heavily depends on the capacity - the higher the capacity is, the more power a toaster oven requires. For example, a toaster oven with an average power between 1000 - 1500 Watts will be actually enough to satisfy your basic cooking needs. A mini-oven with the power about 2000 Watts and above can easily replace a conventional oven.
And the last step on your way to choosing the best toaster oven is to consider its additional options and usability. The first thing we should refer to is toaster oven's controls. There are 2 types available: mechanical and digital. The mechanical controls are known as the most reliable and easy-to-use. Such toaster ovens have a couple of mechanical dials that you need to turn to select the power level and the cooking time. Other models are equipped with digital controls - a touch panel and a display - where each function is regulated by pressing the corresponding buttons. We should also mention the importance of the built-in timer. Once you set the timer, you can have your meal ready and hot by the time you need. The auto shut-off feature is also quite important as it serves as a safety option. Toaster ovens with additional functions such as defrost and reheat will replace a microwave oven and cut down your expenses on electricity bills. For your convenience, some mini-ovens are engineered with the interior lights that allow you to see when your dish is ready. So, you needn't open the door to see the food-progress while cooking. One thing that is peculiar to all toaster ovens is a removable crumb tray. It collects all the crumbs and simplifies the cleaning process. You will never catch the smell of burnt bread and will easily empty the tray even while toasting. And the last but not the least important feature to consider is the internal coating of a toaster oven. It directly depends on the ease of cleaning and durability of an appliance.
Please note: the casing of a toaster oven heats up quite a lot, so it's prohibited to use it near combustible and flammable materials (such as plastic, for example). Besides, not all frozen food can be cooked in a toaster oven; read the labels and carefully follow the instructions.
1. How to Choose a Toaster Oven, eBay. May 21, 2015.
2. Kelly Burgess How to Buy a Toaster Oven, ConsumerSearch. December 7, 2015.
3. How to Choose a Toaster Oven, wikiHow.
4. Sharon Franke Meet Your New Sanity Saver: The Countertop Oven, GoodHousekeeping. October 30, 2014.
5. Nicole McDermott 60 Meals You Didn’t Know You Could Make in a Toaster Oven, Greatist. March 13, 2015.
6. Lauren Piro The Best Way to Clean Your Toaster Oven, GoodHousekeeping. April 20, 2015.
7. Kristen Hicks How To Buy The Best Toaster Oven, CompactAppliance. July 17, 2016.
8. Chris Barnes, Corinna Horrigan How to Choose Your New Mini-me Oven, choice. September 21, 2015.