Product Comparison: AOC G2460PG vs Acer Predator XB241H
- 144hz and G-Sync are a revelation. 144hz in particular, there's no going back.
- Getting full 144 fps on all games that support it, the gsync works perfectly, with the added bonus that I can turn off vsync in the actual games to free up resources, height adjustment is a nice feature, and grear colour!
- Well worth it for G-Sync alone. 144hz is fantastic too, with a clear difference.
- Overall this monitor is fantastic. G-sync is amazing, the screen is bright and pretty colourful.
- So happy I spent the money for it! I am really impressed with just how great the quality is from the actual production and quality of the resolution and graphics.
- 1440p is just the right resolution, games run very well on this monitor, it has great aesthetics, it feels like it has great build quality and it does.
- For gaming this is a fantastic monitor. The high refresh(144-165hz) really does feel and look much better than 60hz and the gsync does its job.
- This is very large screen so make sure your computer desk can accommodate it before purchasing. As to the sheer screen size I find it immersive when gaming.
- Just got mine and I love the quality, size and just how responsive it is.
- Due to the size of screen and technology used you do get a fair bit of light bleed at the edges of the screen. Most noticeable on a black screen which appears light grey in the corners.
Acer Predator XB241H
- Brightness of the screen - OMG this is insane, the screen is on 50 % brightness and I find it strong. It is stronger than my older screen's 100%. I
- As it is a TN panel, the colours aren't going to be as good as an IPS, but that only really becomes a problem at odd viewing angles and not really noticeable from day to day use.
- Great performance, but it indeed has washed out colours, just like every other TN panel.
- Color rendition is a bit poor compared to IPS monitors, but it's far from annoying (you can't really notice unless you do a side by side comparison).
- Like others have said, G-sync is excellent and works flawlessly but the quality of the TN panel is just meh. Leaves a lot to be desired unfortunately.
- The 60Hz -> 144Hz is a Huge difference! Amazing. Even in Overwtach where I get around 90FPS average I can feel such a difference.
- The high refresh rate 144hz or 165hz overclock and G-sync is great for smooth gameplay.
- The colours are really fantastic! Everything simply looks great. It is *nearly* as good as a MacBook Pro display in terms of colour.
- Quality control is bad, I had 2 dead pixels and dust behind the panel.
- Poor angle of visibility. Anything other than straight on there's a marked change in brightness.
- G-SYNC is great for gaming. The image is so smooth! And the ULMB mode (similar to LightBoost), which can be used outside games, also makes a big difference.
- The monitor looks very sturdy, without being excessively heavy. The frames are well made.
- The stand looks very flexible and well made, the screen can rotate and move almost all directions and it is great.
- Also it has a fully adjustable stand (Height, Swivel and Tilt) and the USB 3.0 hub is a nice addition.
- The biggest problem is that color balance changes a bit between ULMB on / off, and you can't specify a separate color balance for each (you have only brightness and contrast separate settings).
- Adjustable stand is awful, and the monitor was broken when it arrived.
- Built in speakers are as with most monitors pretty much useless. Keep your externals. They are louder than the speakers on the ASUS screens but still just as tinny.
- Build quality and design is fantastic, very beautiful.
- Nice solid base, easy adjustment to height.
- Otherwise, the monitor looks slick, height and rotation are easily adjustable, the stand is still.
- Ease and Features- there is literally nothing to do. Windows 8 found the G-sync and installed the driver. I was worried about the display port and cable as I have always used HDMI.
- It came with a non-uk power cable, which has a sturdy adaptor fixed in place - a small niggle but it hasn't impacted me at all. Excellent monitor overall.
- The cable management bracket is green and very handy. Literally plug and play.
- This display since i brought 2 of them same time, it only run on display ports and usb data cable for usb on the side and bottom of the screen.
- The HDMI input is only 30Hz, so don't expect a smooth experience if connecting via this. The Display Port is 60Hz though.
- My son's PS4 is connected via HDMI with my computer using the DisplayPort. Easy to switch and both look great.
- As soon as I had it set up and connected the display port cable that was provided it worked seamlessly and with a few options tweaked, it was perfect.
- The only thing I don't like is that it needs to be on in order to use the extra usb ports, and it needs to be connected to the pc aswell with other cable so I see no use on it.
Acer Predator XB241H