Product Comparison: LG 65SK9500PLA vs LG 65SK8500
- I've had the TV a month now. I have mastered all the many wonderful picture & sound options and I couldn't be happier.
- LG is simply the best for 4K, stunning image.
- Awesome TV! Plenty of settings for the picture for each type of program! I'm still tinkering! First time having a 4K tv and I'm floored by the brilliance!
- This TV displays excessive haloing and light bleeding around the edges.
- Colors are over saturated no matter the contrast setting.
- We upgraded from a 44" ten year old flat screen to this. The size was perfect for over our fireplace and the size of the room.
- We absolutely love the smart tv features. I selected this model because it had Google assistant built in.
- The screen was significantly brighter, making the picture even more crisp.
- Poor brightness adjustment: The "smart" dimming features are quite bad. You will constantly see bright vertical lines on the screen.
- After 2 months my TV started to freeze up when doing any operations such as switching between menus and apps.
- Anyone who says this series has poor black levels and picture quality, has never owned one or doesn't know how to use the settings.
- The wide range of colors in the SK9500 has given me a whole new viewing experience.
- Bright and vivid color tones that just pop out of the screen.
- Bright beautiful 4K picture and no need for a sound bar.
- In low light scenes light colors will have a halo effect where the light blooms a bit off the object in focus.
- I really love this TV. Great video, sound and it's HDR ready.
- The TV has a very good picture. Definitely need to turn off the Power Saving feature.
- The picture is very good and the sound is fine in the guest bedroom / workout room I have it in, though it can't compete with the new very expensive OLED in the darker picture areas.
- The picture is terrific. Easy to set up except pairing it with my DISH TV.
- The picture is amazing: clear and almost 3D in its depth.
- A noticeable step up from the sk9000. The black levels are improved and the sound from internal speakers is actually decent.
- Great TV, even the installer was amazed at the sound of it.
- I like the picture quality and the dolby atmos sound.
- The picture quality is fantastic and very surprised at how good the sound quality is.
- Sound quality is really great. And so many options but not so many that your overwhelmed but enough to be impressive.
- The sound was the most surprising because I was expecting poor sound quality but received a sufficient sound quality.
- The sound is also amazing! Very impressive. Very pleased with this product.
- Great sound & excellent picture quality. Setup was a little complicated.
- The TV itself is very nice, clear picture, decent enough sound.
- The sound is good, picture quality is good, the design aesthetics receives compliments.
- The UI and remote are excellent and work out the box. My favorite smart TV software by far.
- The controller can also be used as a pointer/mouse to adjust the settings which is a cool feature.
- Wifi connected with such ease. The menu is so simple to navigate.
- Connecting it to my system was easy for me. I use the ARC HDMI which runs through my amplifier and allows the TV remote to control the amplifier.
- Set has usable features and multiple HDMI inputs. The stand that comes with the TV is very sturdy and nice looking.
- Love it. Excellent pictures and sound. I can connect it to the internet and watch amazon videos, youtube, surf the internet, watch korean dramas on viki.
- Connected the indoor antenna and it picked up 61 local channels and the HD channels picture quality was much better than my old TV. Magic remote is smooth and user friendly.
- In order to connect this TV to the internet and use any streaming services, you are required to disclose all of your activity to LG.
- The only problem I had was that the wireless internet connection to my AT&T router was dropping consistently.
- Two days after setting up the TV, the TV stopped connecting to the WiFi. It was working fine until then.