Product Comparison: Sony KD-55XG9505 vs Sony KD-55XF9005
- Screen is roughly eight feet from the main seating area. Daytime viewing is quite bright.
- Very easy to set up and amazed at the picture quality, including brightness, it's ability to produce rich colors and deep blacks, as well as handling extreme motion.
- Color is excellent, picture quality is excellent. Depth is the picture is great.
- The quality of the picture on this set is amazing. Colors are very good out of the box, and get better with some minor adjustments to the settings.
- The screen is very easily damaged around the edge.
- First and most importantly, the picture quality is superb, with bright, natural looking colour and deep blacks that merge into the very slim black frame.
- I'm very pleased with the TV image quality, and the unit itself is very slim and elegant or as much as a big black thin rectangle can be., and consider it very good value.
- Picture looks great and the tv itself is built well. Got it for a good price on plack friday.
- Great TV, great price, great picture, great sound, 55 inch perfect size for bedroom wall and really fast delivery.
- Good quality picture, questionable build quality of the panel and in particular the stand, sound leaves a lot to be desired.
- The brightness of the set really lends itself to High Dynamic Range (HDR) content in general, and specifically with Dolby Vision content.
- Apps load quickly with the Android Oreo system, and the Netflix Enhanced picture option works quite well.
- I like brightness to handle HDR content. Great color, even out of the box.
- The picture quality is also very good I just wish Sony added the quantum dot for more vibrant colors.
- Picture degrades once viewed from more than about 15° off center.
- Picture quality is fantastic. Any Blu-ray films, HD, 4K and gaming content look excellent.
- Very happy with this tv. Been watching bt sport in uhd and perfect. Even better when we get more 4K content.
- Excellent value. Simple set up, brilliant picture and sound.
- In HD is good looking and streamed media in HD looks good.
- The picture quality for bright scenes is amazing. Crisp, clear, colours are bright and punchy.
- The TV's surround sound is excellent - I was watching a show and all of sudden part of the sound seemed to be coming totally from the opposite side of the room - very impressive.
- This is my first 4k tv and definitely enjoying the picture and sound quality.
- Default sound from TV without soundbar is decent for such a big TV.
- Great picture and sound quality. Wall mounted it, and we're very happy with the performance.
- As with most flat panel TVs, the sound leaves a lot to be desired, and if you really want to have quality sound, you will need a soundbar.
- he built in sound system is as good as any other similar TV, but really comes to life when connected to a good stereo system.
- Fantastic tv especially fo the price, picture is incredible, speed of apps incredible and sound is very good considering no sound bar.
- Sound without a sound-bar is surprisingly good although I will get one soon.
- The sound isn't so great. You will probably need to use external speakers as the built in speakers aren't great, but that is standard with most TV's anyway.
- This Sony sounds so tinny. Virtually no bass or depth of sound. I’ve had to get a sound bar to make it useable.
- Picked up my internet Wi-fi connection right away, no problem - signed in to my Netflix and Amazon Prime accounts quickly and easily.
- Wifi performance, and network connectivity is very good.
- Connects to wifi all by its self so I can just watch and do what i do when I want to.
- Streaming from my laptop or playing a recorded video from a DVR will either stop audio or video for up to 5 seconds every few minutes. It only happens when using any of the HDMI connections.
- Installing software update (Android) introduced issues. Lost connection and control of soundbar through eARC, spent a long time with Sony support trying to resolve, unsuccessfully.
- A nice range of web apps are included, with very easy network setup either by standard RJ-45 cable or Wi-Fi.
- TV was very easy to set up and with an Ethernet connection, some updates and then to go live in 10 minutes.
- As for the Wifi connection on the tv i can report no issues for me.
- The interfaces aren't the most intuitive, but its fine once you know how to navigate the menus.
- App crashes sometimes, and connection with my phone on the YouTube app doesn’t always work due to connection problem.