Everything You Could Wish for Right There in Your Pocket
Aodin Mini Portable HD Pocket
Fully Autonomous Android Projector
ELEPHAS Portable LED Pico Projector
Crenova Crenova XPE700 DLP Projector
Multimedia World on Your Palm
Bulked with the projector, there is a quality tripod that will help you set the projector more conveniently, a remote control, and an HDMI cable to connect the Crenova to your other devices. We also feel obligated to point out that you can take the Crenova XPE700 when you go someplace without mains as it includes a built-in battery with a capacity to at least watch one movie.
*The feature is flawless when used with Android devices but with iOS, you will have to choose between your home network and the projector.
Family Multimedia Centre
What is a Mobile ProjectorMost well-known application of projectors is at the cinemas. Those are huge, industrial-like stationary machines that cast an image projection on a flat surface, such as a large screen or a wall. Modern technologies render it possible to make them so small, you can even put them in your pocket. Such mini projectors can be mounted on a tripod or a simple table in school classrooms, lecture halls or sleeping rooms. And lately, pocket projector became an essential companion of teachers and lecturers. They can be used almost anywhere, have different ports to connect them to a notebook or other digital devices. However, these micro-projectors, also called pico projectors, can display a crisp picture on the screen with a diagonal up to 120 inches and lighting lux at up to 100 lm. This is enough to get a distinct picture in a darkened room with closed drapes.
Note that you will need some kind of white wall or screen to throw the image onto with your projector. If you don't have any, take a quick glance of the best-selling projector screens of this year. If you are a lecturer or a speaker, you will also appreciate our review of best presentation remotes. They come with a built-in laser pointer and other useful features to make your job easier. Just check them out and see for yourself.
What Features to CompareProjection Specifications
As we've mentioned above, it may project an image at a diagonal of up to 120 inches without losing its crispness. Such width may be necessary for university auditoriums so that even from the back rows people could see a presentation. The image quality is affected by many factors.
- Resolution directly influences the quality of the picture. It shows a number of pixels in a projector matrix. Resolution is given as a value, that looks like 1280x720, where 1280 is the number of pixels horizontally, and 720 – vertically. It’s not the width of the picture, however, the bigger this value is, the more detailed image you get.
- Brightness is also important. As it comes from the name, it’s how bright your projection will be. Brightness value is given in Lumens (lm) and similar to light bulbs - the bigger it is, the lighter your image will be. Go for bigger value if you are going to do presentations in light rooms.
- Contrast defines the ratio between light and dark parts of a picture. You can use a pocket projector with a high contrast in lighter rooms to get a more distinct picture. Please note, that the main parameter for lighting is still the brightness.
The USB port is used to connect a projector to a notebook, memory stick or even to a mobile phone. With HDMI you can transfer a video of high quality from a PC or Blu-ray player. 3.5mm audio output allows you to enhance the sound by adding external speakers or plugging headphones in. That’s an essential feature for large rooms, where built-in speakers are just not enough. Some models can work with Wi-Fi hotspots. You can connect them to the same network as your notebook or mobile phone and transfer a video directly from them. Neat, isn’t it?
Dimensions and Extra Features
Your mobile projector should be lightweight and compact. Most of them can be carried in a pocket of a jacket or in a case. Tripod stand is great for adjusting the projector at a right angle to get the best view. Some mini projectors will not only receive a signal via USB but even charge other devices, like mobile phones or portable speakers. As for power efficiency, mini projectors are powered with batteries, that are usually enough for at least one hour of work. That means that you can even take them on a trip to show your kids a movie in the evening. Projectors are recharged via cable and most of them can work and be recharged at the same time Overall, pocket projectors are great for indoors and outdoors activities. So let’s take a closer look at some of them.
1. LARRY GEISZ Magnasonic LED Pocket Pico Video Projector (PP60) review, The Gadgeteer. April 16, 2016.
2. TechGuru Best Pico Projector Reviews 2016, Nerd Techy. February 7, 2016.
3. Kate Kliner How to Choose a Projector for Business Travel, B&H Photo Video. 2015.
4. Michael Antonoff Pico Projectors, B&H Photo Video. 2013.
5. Ionut Nedelcu The 9 Best Pico Projectors and How to Choose Them [Guide], TechPP. April 3, 2013.
6. Rob Cote Contrast Ratio of TVs, Rtings.com. February 25, 2016.
7. Geoffrey Morrison DLP vs LCD vs LCoS, CNET. May 6, 2016.
8. Projector Buying Guide, Epson.
9. Handheld Projectors, Wikipedia. February 16, 2016.