Product Comparison: ViewSonic XG240R vs ViewSonic XG2401
- 4K - looks great, even with old games. Scales and adjusts nicely to old resolutions.
- I bought this monitor so I'd have a high resolution desktop for working from home, I'm a software engineer.
- 1080p is still a great resolution for gaming and FPS/picture quality without requiring expensive components.
- Hands down the best 1080p 144hz monitor I've ever used.
- The monitor is indeed full HD 1080p resolution.
- Go into the NVidia control panel and "change resolution" option set the refresh rate to 144hz.
- Larger screens need higher resolutions to look good. I like this one.
- The amazing resolution and color displays make the experience over the top.
- The lower resolution that I noticed while browsing webpages was quickly forgotten and the game looked fantastic.
- Additionally the resolution makes everything look well in 1080p HD.
- As far as TN Panels go, these are amazing.
- As any TN panel would be it is not great with color accuracy in all conditions.
- Vibrant colors after using a pre-made profile and made multiple tweaks in the setting.
- However once calibrated the colors and picture are phenomenal for a TN panel.
- Out of the box the colors are dull and washed out and require calibration.
- Apparently this monitor has some pretty good colors after calibration and some of the best contrast levels among TN panels.
- Colors are decent especially for the price and the stand is amazing and very adjustable.
- The colors were a little washed out at first, so I calibrated it, the gamma, color saturation and brightness increased. Awesome.
- Arrived in perfect condition with no dead or stuck pixels. Colors are great for TN panel.
- I do notice some of the washed out colors of the TN panel.
- The tiny features that ViewSync has been able to put into this monitor is great!
- All of the built in technology (FreeSync, 1ms response time, etc.).
- My favorite surprise feature is the integrated headphone hook.
- The RGB on the back just adds to the experience, very minimalist shaped lights that are customizable via Cooler Master Plus software.
- All in all monitor and tv speakers are not great and I would always recommend picking up a pair of external ones for a good setup.
- Average quality OSD controls, included speakers, and other little features really good.
- I like all features, like 1ms gtg response time, flicker-free lighting, AMD's Freesync technology.
- It's a good monitor. Easy to assemble, good features in settings.
- The FreeSync feature requires using the display port. Good feature.
- I really like the monitor and all of it's features.
- Right now I'm using it as one of two monitors connected to a docking station with my MacBook Pro.
- You can pretty much connect it to anything imaginable, including laptops, PCs, Macs, PlayStation, and Xbox.
- Overall unboxing and setup took approximately 15 minutes. Easy connect.
- The USB's are nice to have on this if you like that. Good connection.
- The USB ports are useful for my webcam and my microphone.
- I also have a PlayStation 4 connected to one screen for gaming use.
- Both monitors are hooked up to my MacBook for extended desktop use.
- At this price you are getting a lot of good features, connections types and a quality image.
- I connect it to the mac, and i cannot go over 60 fps when i play csgo.
- Displayport by default is disabled so I had to connect an HDMI source to access the OSD settings to enable Displayport.