Product Comparison: Dell U3818DW vs LG 38UC99-W
- Resolution is great, speakers aren’t great but that’s not why you’re buying this monitor.
- As a software developer, the 1600 vertical resolution is perfect for productivity.
- Another unexpected benefit of the 1600 vertical resolution is that most 4k videos are perfectly enjoyable in cropped full screen mode.
- To get the best intended 4K resolution, you must open Display Preferences, the click on 'scaled' while holding down the Alt/Option key. I like this!
- In particular fonts look much, much worse running at the U3818DW's native resolution.
- Ideal monitor for work. Has amazing resolution.
- This thing is absolutely amazing when it comes to picture quality and text readability.
- No display manager software for Mac. This means you’re limited to snapping two windows side-by-side.
- This is the best display I’ve ever experienced.
- A truly massive spread of pixels, and so big you fee like you’re going to fall into the screen.
- Having one cable for power and display is great. It charges at 100W, which is nice.
- The 38 ultra wide 21:9 is perfect for multi tasking and having multiple windows/programs open. 3840 horizontally gives you true UHD.
- This large curved monitor is the perfect monitor for me. I dob't care or use it for graphics editing or even gaming.
- For my needs this monitor is perfect, especially the saturation, dark's, and color space spectrum.
- So I've been using the PBP (picture by picture) feature to split the screen.
- I did get around to using the KVM features - works great.
- The other features that this monitor has is a built in speaker, i like it.
- The split screen feature through Dell‘s display manager is a game changer with a monitor like this. It is superior to having three monitors side-by-side.
- The KVM feature is just okay. I wish it was easier to switch between inputs.
- A lot of gaming features (FreeSync on racing looks phenomenal) that you’re able to customize to your liking in getting the best in quality when playing.
- The smart energy saver turns off the monitor (good) but it blinks the power light constantly which is incredibly irritating.
- When connected to a MacBook Pro 2018 or 2016 via the Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port, the display does not stay off when the system is in sleep mode.
- Sleep and shutdown work fine if connected via the Display Port.
- Love being able to connect usb-C MacBook Pro and older generation MacBook Pro via HDMI and have split screen capacity.
- The monitor will detect that your laptop is connected via USB C and will even charge it via USB C.
- It's an excellent MacBook Pro monitor solution with a seamless USB-C connection and great picture quality.
- System is setup in a bright area with windows, the antiglare on the surface is perfect. I had to buy a mini-DP to standard DP cable to get 60hz from a MacBook Pro.
- Love the size, love the curved display, love the connections, love that it connects to the new MacBook Pro via USB-C.