Product Comparison: Astell&Kern AK Jr vs Fiio X7
- The buttons and touch screen are great to use..very responsive and everything you might want to adjust is there
- Touchscreen is great as is the Fiio music app
- The native music player and the overall operation is very fast, reacts instantly to every input.
- The UI is fairly idiotproof and the touchscreen works well.
- Unlike most portable players, this unit offers a full (apx. 2” x 4”) touch screen display. The display has adequate resolution (233 ppi in 16.7 million colors)
- Would I reccomend it? Yes because the sound quality and the build quality are great.
- The player itself is very well made and feels solid
- Build quality is top notch, its very heavy, almost like if it was a solid block of aluminium
- Fantastic build quality, and customizable with different amp modules.
- It feels like a million dollars straight from the box. The x7 is a fairly hefty device and is quite weighty too.
- great bit of kit ...revisiting my love of prog rock ..only this time in flac format..
- Even with the standard AM1 amp module it sounds excellent.
- Loading music wasn't a problem as I inserted the micro sd card from my old Fiio X3 and it read the files and album art perfectly.
- The sound quality is amazing, I'm no audiophile but I know what sounds good and doesn't. The X7 offers real depth of sound
- The stock am1 amp module is meant for in ear monitors but with it set to high gain it drives my oppo pm-3 headphones with the volume at between 65% to 75% on average.
- Sounds great, but it lacks the punchiness that other music players deliver with a Hi-Fi DAC.
Astell&Kern AK Jr
- Battery life as advertised which is not great but it's the same as others
- The fully charged battery lasted approximately 8.5 h while playing the AKG K701 at a moderate listening level (volume setting = 66) on high gain in Pure Music Mode.
- Great battery life when in pure music mode. Can play tunes all day long before I have to charge it.
- Great sound quality, much better than iphone user interaction is great, 10 hours battery life
- Two problems with this dap: weight and lack of aptx. Battery life is also a little short at around 8 hours.
- I found out that the battery when fully charged lasts only 5 hours and half. I've charged it before leaving on a 6 hours trip.