Product Comparison: Fiio M7 vs Fiio M9
- The user interface is simple and easy enough. In an ideal world the keyboard would be bigger for my fat fingers when I try to searching for an artist or song, but I manage.
- Sound quality is very good. Tried them with oriveti basic iems and focal clear headphones and the M9 drove them easily and make them sound quite good.
- This is a super audio player that has some serious volume output. Thats louder than the astell & kern kann!
- The ui is flawless, the sound signature is neutral there is no colouration, the audio sounds exactly like it should, its neither warm or cold sounding.
- The interface is laggy and slow, I'm constantly pressing something and waiting a second for the interface to react.
- Very fast delivery. It is a fantastic little player. It soundet very good.
- The balanced output is great. The formfactor is superior. Its the right size.
- I was pleased with the size, design, and general build quility.
- I also like the M9's small pocket-size form factor and the ability to easily swap microSD chips without having to remove its case, which is a major convenience.
- Weight grieved me because it is too heavy a player that I get tired of holding in my hands.
- You can use it as usb back with a computer, as DAP&DAC driving iems or headphones and as a pure DAP connected to separate DAC&Headphone amp like the Hugo2.
- The screen is small but not unusable and I didn’t find the operating system too laggy.
- Sounds excellent. Interface a lot better than old FiiOs. Scrolling is fine but be nice to be able to jump through alphabet or view artist/album for the track being listened to.
- It has many bluetooth options, but could not get any of them to work properly. The sound via bluetooth to any iem or headphone I tried was too low and poor.
- You expect it to provide a smartphone-like UI experience but it is still far from it. It crashes a lot. And the M9 still lags a lot.
- Battery life is very good. I cant listen all day in the office and there is still 20-30% power left.
- The sound quality was excellent and battery life too from what I experienced.
- This player has great build quality and battery life. The volume knob is a joy to use (for me) contrary to some reviewers.
- It's terribly slow at everything, has a slow to respond interface, and has a poor battery life.
- The battery doesn't last as long as my old FiiO X5 did. The sound quality doesn't seem to be an improvement, either.