Product Comparison: Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 vs Ultimate Ears BOOM 3
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
Ultimate Ears BOOM 3
- I use it on my computer, when I camp, when I go literally anywhere. Even with constant use I’ve got about two to three days use.
- The audio quality is great, it gets nice and loud, never have any issues with a seamless bluetooth connection, and I really like the graphic design of the speaker grille.
- The best feature about this speaker is the endless battery life. It seems like I almost never charge it and it has 100 ft Bluetooth connectivity.
- The product itself is great, but there are some firmware bugs. For example, it cannot connect to two devices simultaneously as advertised.
- It will disconnect one device to connect to another one. Also, the tap control to pause and skip songs is not the best.
- I like how good the range from speaker to device is, I have been around the furthest parts of our house before the sound starts to stutter.
- The Bluetooth range is the best of all of my devices, and it didn’t dropout whilst walking around the house even next to a powerful Wi-Fi router.
- Sound is great and can be used for many purposes via Bluetooth.
- Amazing!! Best bluetooth wireless portable speakers around. Great sound quality and the bass is outstanding!
- Connectivity could not be simpler, just put it in search mode and connect via Bluetooth.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
Ultimate Ears BOOM 3
- It's not too big and not too heavy making it very portable.
- It’s amazing to carry into different rooms at home and it’s perfect for anytime. It's size fits any design and home interior.
- A very convenient speaker, you can easily take with you on trips.
- It’s too heavy for me to throw into a bag for daily use.
- As for me it is big and uncomfortable and it requires a lot of space in the bag.
- Sound quality is decent for the size of the speaker and it benefits from being stood on a hard surface or upright in a corner.
- This is a midrange speaker from ultimate ears, it’s smaller and lighter than the top of the range one.
- Really happy with this. Decent sound quality and loud for the size.
- It's very easy to set up and use. It's about the size of a 440ml can of beer.
- The size of this is a fractionally bigger than a standard coke can.
- However, the 360 sound is great, and it is really loud. Even at low volume the sound is clear and the bass is strong.
- Very impressed with the amount of sound that comes from this speaker.
- It also is Alexa compatible. Apparently, it is supposed to work with Siri and Google Assistant but I haven't figured out how to make either of those work yet. Very happy with this speaker.
- I've had it plugged into the wall, playing music and the UE Boom app on my phone shows the battery is charging. I really like that I can turn the speaker on and off remotely with the app.
- I just hope they update the firmware soon and maybe add actual buttons instead of unreliable tap controls.
- There is one large button on the top, called a magic button in the quick start guide, which allows you to skip or replay a track.
- The speaker comes with its own app complete with graphic equaliser and the ability to connect to 150 speakers whether they are are yours or your friends.
- The equaliser is a simple five way slide but it is effective.
- Holding the button to hear how much charge is left is useful. Very pleased.
- The bass sounded thin, the mid range was muddy and the trable was muffled.
- Third one and I love it this is an amazing product that can handle any situation. Highly recommending these.
- Overall very impressed by how easy the functions are, the quality of the sound, the size of the speaker, and the design.
- Great interface is very simple and beautiful. There is nothing superfluous.
- It's a shame that it can not be used as powerbank. This function would be needed.
- Usb connector broke after a month of use. Charging may fall from the connector.
- Set up is easy. Charge with the supplied micro USB cable (no actual charger in the box).
- It is a tube shape and comes with a flat ribbon style Micro USB charging cable.
- The speaker comes with a 1m long flat-profile USB charging cable with a micro-USB plug at the end that connects to the speaker.
- It has a short USB micro cable which needs to be attached to a USB plug. It took a couple of hours to fully charge.
- The speaker is ready to go out of the box and is easy to lift out of the case with the only other item being a long micro USB for charging.