Product Comparison: JBL Charge 3 vs Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3
JBL Charge 3
Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3
- Travel friendly, durable and also a very impressive battery life versus charge up time.
- Great build product, awesome sound and battery life with the added advantage of a power bank.
- Very long battery life, great sound and volume. Added features are very useful.
- Bass is incredible. Can't beat the bass for the price. Really happy with it.
- Of course, this is an excellent product because it's from JBL. The sound is great and the battery has a long life.
- The single speaker has more than enough power and its lightweight too.
- If you are new to Ultimate ears speakers I think the app is fantastic and the party up feature that allows you to connect to multiple Boom speakers is amazing.
- I'd connected to my Samsung phone, then easily connected to my MacBook. Connection is very fast and doesn't take much time.
- Haven’t managed a reliable pairing with my boom 3 speaker either. It’s like playing vinyl that jumps on the turntable.
- It looks like it stands ok on 30% volume but when i put volume around 60-70% the battery goes on critical immediately!
JBL Charge 3
Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3
- This is such an impressive little speaker. It's about the size off a large can of beer.
- For me it is a great size and has wonderful sound. It packs a good sound punch for its size.
- Every thing about this speaker is great, good size, great sound, already thinking about buying another one to link together.
- Great sound as you would expect from JBL and much more than you would expect from a device of this size.
- Great sound from such a small speaker. Lovely design.Fabulous packaging!
- The sound is very loud, it's rich and for its size packs some bass. It's so good I use it outside when having a barbecue.
- It's fairly weighty but not excessively heavy and feels reassuringly solid to hold, as you'd hope given that it's designed to be used outside.
- It's not too big and not too heavy making it very portable.
- It’s amazing to carry into different rooms at home and it’s perfect for anytime. It's size fits any design and home interior.
- It’s too heavy for me to throw into a bag for daily use because it adds extra weight and the bag gets a couple pounds heavier.
- I'm being picky but overall very happy and the waterproof rating is nice comfort for using it wherever.
- It is supposed to be waterproof so it is excellent for using outside in the garden for parties etc. Very easy to set up.
- I like the bass response and ease of use, huge battery life and water resistance.
- I love that this is waterproof - pouring water in the ends with music with a heavy bass playing is a great party trick!
- For it's size, the sound quality and bass is quite impressive. Also plus point for being waterproof.
- Don’t bother getting the power up dock as battery life is excellent and the charge port is now on the side.
- The controls are pretty straightforward, with a multi-function button on the top, and a large plus and minus button on the front face.
- The speaker is supposed to be drop-proof from a height of three feet. I didn't dare try it from that height, but I did drop it on a wooden floor from around two feet and it was fine.
- It’s waterproof too so you don’t have to worry if the rain catches you by surprise during a barbecue.
- Doesn't have voice control Alexa which the more expensive does Megablast have.
- The usb allows you to utilise the speaker as a 'fast charging' power bank, which provided my Moto G4 with 3 charges before it was drained completely.
- Versatile in that it's Bluetooth , can be linked to other speakers, has aux plug for non Bluetooth players and you can use it to charge Other stuff with USB cable.
- The sound quality is excellent also is ease of use. Connect your device by Bluetooth or hard wire by a 3.5mm audio cable and off you go.
- The only downside to me is the fact that it uses a micro usb cable, I mean there are still many products that use this but as time goes by I feel that we are heading more towards usb c.
- Would prefer a better battery life and it should use USB-C to charge now as I would be able to charge it from my phone cable.
- The UE3 Megaboom is well over what I expected. Firstly, download the app, pair your phone, select your music and off you go.
- The charging socket is a micro-USB so no need to worry about losing a cable.
- A nice long USB cable for charging and looks very classy and sleek.
- They removed the audio jack so now the only way to connect to the speaker is via bluetooth.
- My one issue is that there is no aux in cable, so only Bluetooth can be used to play music.