Product Comparison: JBL Flip 5 vs Sony SRS-XB32
JBL Flip 5
- The sound is solid and bass is pleasantly heavy. The booming effect at the sides of the speaker is a very nice touch, allows you to ‘see’ the bass.
- Sound quality takes the form of emotive and rugged lows that surge out like a flood of primal energy, whetting your appetite and leaving you esurient for more volume.
- Here the Flip 5 delivers good mids with a strong sense of detail and fidelity, while remaining relatively clean for a bluetooth speaker.
- I work in an automotive shop and I keep my volume at 25% in my station. Phenomenal sound, phenomenal quality, could not be happier.
- Playtime is only about 4 hours at best. Unless you’re listening at minimum levels, 12 hours of playtime is a pipe dream.
- Powerful little speaker. Would definitely recommend.
- It has a powerful bass and an inbuilt light show.
- It is fairly straightforward to set up and it was simple to connect it to my phone.
- I love this speaker, it is so good! The extra bass makes all the difference, the songs sound so much better and much more life-like.
- Sound and power, nothing to say is great.
JBL Flip 5
- It fits nicely in my bike water bottle cage. I am using the Profile Designs Kage, that completely surrounds a bottle (to speaker) in this case.
- This speaker has quite convenient dimensions for moving it in your hands.
- It can be attached to a bicycle or put in a backpack and it will not take up much space.
- I was disappointed that he does not have a strap for more convenient transportation.
- It does not weigh too much but it will not be convenient enough to carry it with you because after an hour you will feel heaviness in your hands.
- It's a great portable music speaker.
- The sound is amazing for the size.
- The perfect size for a portable speaker that packs a powerful sound.
- Looks a very good premium product. Amazing size and weight.
- It has a quality feel to it, a nice weight in the hand, it feels solid and robust.
- Sound great easy to pair with all and multiple bluetooth devices very easy to switch from device to other devices such as phones computers and tv's.
- Great quality and crystal clear sound! Pairs easily with my devices whether it's a Samsung or Apple.
- This little speaker packs a punch! I have not tested the waterproof aspect of the speaker yet but I'm so impressed with the sound quality and battery life.
- Flip 5 uses JBL PartyBoost, while other recent JBL speakers use JBL Connect+. Therefore, you cannot link the Flip 5 with other JBL speakers besides the Flip 5.
- After 2 months, I began to notice that the battery was quickly discharging, which caused me frustration.
- The Sony SRS-XB32 is a portable wireless speaker that is waterproof (IP67), dustproof, sand proof and mud proof.
- The bass is super awesome, especially for party.
- Connectivity is easy and works well.
- The speaker has flashing and pulsing lights that synchronise to the music, which look quite cool.
- Bluetooth sleep function is very nice.
- Sounds great and love that it's waterproof. It was on the edge of my hot tub, it fell in and still works great.
- The USB-C charging plug is so much more convenient than the older charging methods as I have multiple of those around the house already.
- Using your USB-C cable, charging takes place quickly, it takes 2 hours.
- No voice assistant or speakerphone connectivity, either which was very disappointing after the purchase.
- Uses USB-C cable, so not compatible with the dozens of other USB cables I have.
- I was disappointed when I found out that this speaker does not have an AUX.
- Great product! Quality. Durable. Can be connect wirelessly and via AUX port.
- There is an extra USB socket in the back, which is for charging your phone, which is brilliant as you can use it as a back-up battery pack.
- Great for outdoors and very easy to pair to your phone or any other device.
- USB port to charge your phone. Great ports location.
- It has Bluetooth and NFC connection, AUX input and a USB from which you can also charge your smartphone.