Product Comparison: JBL Flip 5 vs JBL Flip 4
JBL Flip 5
JBL Flip 4
- The sound is solid and bass is pleasantly heavy. The booming effect at the sides of the speaker is a very nice touch, allows you to ‘see’ the bass.
- Sound quality takes the form of emotive and rugged lows that surge out like a flood of primal energy, whetting your appetite and leaving you esurient for more volume.
- Here the Flip 5 delivers good mids with a strong sense of detail and fidelity, while remaining relatively clean for a bluetooth speaker.
- I work in an automotive shop and I keep my volume at 25% in my station. Phenomenal sound, phenomenal quality, could not be happier.
- Playtime is only about 4 hours at best. Unless you’re listening at minimum levels, 12 hours of playtime is a pipe dream.
- The battery life is amazing and I believe it does indeed last for the time stated here, if not longer.
- It is robust, has a great sound, and the battery life is pretty good too.
- The battery life is good, I've only once used it from full charge to empty and it almost lasted the 12 hours stated.
- Battery life 12-15 hours. We have it sailing but haven’t had to test its water resistance yet! Sound is excellent and I can walk round the house and down both ends of the garden without losing it
- The battery life is shockingly bad. A full charge lasts about two hours when streaming music from my phone...
JBL Flip 5
JBL Flip 4
- It fits nicely in my bike water bottle cage. I am using the Profile Designs Kage, that completely surrounds a bottle (to speaker) in this case.
- This speaker has quite convenient dimensions for moving it in your hands.
- It can be attached to a bicycle or put in a backpack and it will not take up much space.
- I was disappointed that he does not have a strap for more convenient transportation.
- It does not weigh too much but it will not be convenient enough to carry it with you because after an hour you will feel heaviness in your hands.
- Clear sound, great volume and bass for the size I take it with me a bit everywhere.
- I was surprised how loud the volume was and how clear the sound is for such a small size.
- Massively good sound considering the size of the speaker easily fill a room great powerful bass good sturdy construction easily portable.
- Can’t fault this product at all. Great sound , features and handy size. Well built - love JBL Kit.
- Serious speaker, bass is nice and deep.. The volume is excellent for a speaker of its size.
- Sound great easy to pair with all and multiple bluetooth devices very easy to switch from device to other devices such as phones computers and tv's.
- Great quality and crystal clear sound! Pairs easily with my devices whether it's a Samsung or Apple.
- This little speaker packs a punch! I have not tested the waterproof aspect of the speaker yet but I'm so impressed with the sound quality and battery life.
- Flip 5 uses JBL PartyBoost, while other recent JBL speakers use JBL Connect+. Therefore, you cannot link the Flip 5 with other JBL speakers besides the Flip 5.
- After 2 months, I began to notice that the battery was quickly discharging, which caused me frustration.
- Excellent sound quality, love that it's waterproof and battery lasts ages.
- The sound quality is fantastic for a speaker of its size. I've dropped mine several times and not a scratch and so far totally waterproof. A great buy.
- Truly waterproof (tried and tested). Definitely a product worth what it is.
- Have used it while power boating, kayaking and around the pool. Good waterproofing.
- No problems at all with it. ipx7 waterproof is very good tried it every thing works perfectly.
- Sounds great and love that it's waterproof. It was on the edge of my hot tub, it fell in and still works great.
- The USB-C charging plug is so much more convenient than the older charging methods as I have multiple of those around the house already.
- Using your USB-C cable, charging takes place quickly, it takes 2 hours.
- No voice assistant or speakerphone connectivity, either which was very disappointing after the purchase.
- Uses USB-C cable, so not compatible with the dozens of other USB cables I have.
- I was disappointed when I found out that this speaker does not have an AUX.
- The charging cycle doesn’t last long and the speaker comes with a nice USB cable for charging.
- A big plus is that it doesn't have the additional weight/headache of batteries as it's usb chargeable!
- Connection via USB works without problems, the battery saves a charge for a long time.
- I wish the charger came with a plug in for a wall and not just the USB cable.
- The micro usb connector is just too weak or doesn't give enough support and ends up breaking on the unit.