Product Comparison: Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 vs JBL Charge 2+
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
JBL Charge 2+
- I use it on my computer, when I camp, when I go literally anywhere. Even with constant use I’ve got about two to three days use.
- The audio quality is great, it gets nice and loud, never have any issues with a seamless bluetooth connection, and I really like the graphic design of the speaker grille.
- The best feature about this speaker is the endless battery life. It seems like I almost never charge it and it has 100 ft Bluetooth connectivity.
- The product itself is great, but there are some firmware bugs. For example, it cannot connect to two devices simultaneously as advertised.
- It will disconnect one device to connect to another one. Also, the tap control to pause and skip songs is not the best.
- This is an excellent speaker. I went for this version rather than the newer Charge 3 as I read this one to be better, and the reviews weren’t wrong.
- Crystal clear sound and enough bass for anyone’s needs. I’ve noticed some speakers aren’t loud enough, especially when using outside however this speaker certainly isn’t the case.
- Battery is also very good and I only charge it once a week at most. Anyone looking for a decent Bluetooth speaker, definitely pick this one. You won’t be disappointed.
- The JBL charge delivers brilliant sound from top end and has a nice round bass/low end.
- Battery life doesn't last as long as it used to when new, but that's with anything brand new.
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
JBL Charge 2+
- It's not too big and not too heavy making it very portable.
- It’s amazing to carry into different rooms at home and it’s perfect for anytime. It's size fits any design and home interior.
- A very convenient speaker, you can easily take with you on trips.
- It’s too heavy for me to throw into a bag for daily use.
- As for me it is big and uncomfortable and it requires a lot of space in the bag.
- That's what you need !!! Not too big, not too small. Sounds really good, looks nice.
- The speaker is convenient to use in almost any place - as an acoustics for a laptop, outdoors, when riding a bicycle
- The model fits perfectly in the hand and allows you to transport it in any bag or backpack.
- I like that it can fit on my bike instead of a bottle.
- A heavy speaker in order to take with you to nature, it is better to buy more smaller speaker than that.
- However, the 360 sound is great, and it is really loud. Even at low volume the sound is clear and the bass is strong.
- Very impressed with the amount of sound that comes from this speaker.
- It also is Alexa compatible. Apparently, it is supposed to work with Siri and Google Assistant but I haven't figured out how to make either of those work yet. Very happy with this speaker.
- I've had it plugged into the wall, playing music and the UE Boom app on my phone shows the battery is charging. I really like that I can turn the speaker on and off remotely with the app.
- I just hope they update the firmware soon and maybe add actual buttons instead of unreliable tap controls.
- The design is made of a nice soft-touch plastic and a metal “grill”.
- The lower part is rubberized for better fixation on the surface. Large woofers are placed on the sides to give surround bass.
- The speaker is cool, I bought it 2.5 years ago, it still works perfectly with everyday hours of use.
- This speaker has amazing sound for its size but it has a BIG weakness. It's battery!
- This speaker used to have a 12 hour battery life and after just 2.5 years it only lasts barely 2 hours before it's flat.
- Third one and I love it this is an amazing product that can handle any situation. Highly recommending these.
- Overall very impressed by how easy the functions are, the quality of the sound, the size of the speaker, and the design.
- Great interface is very simple and beautiful. There is nothing superfluous.
- It's a shame that it can not be used as powerbank. This function would be needed.
- Usb connector broke after a month of use. Charging may fall from the connector.
- The JBL Charge 2 is a well-designed, durable portable Bluetooth speaker that features excellent battery life and doubles as an external charger for your portable devices.
- It also has built-in speakerphone capabilities, plays loudly for its size, and offers relatively strong bass.
- I really liked the powerbank function because you can always recharge the phone from the speaker.
- Bought this speaker two years ago and the charger cable has also bugged out.
- The speaker distorts with certain material, particularly with bass-heavy tracks and more complicated songs.