Product Comparison: JBL Pulse 3 vs Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3
JBL Pulse 3
Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3
- The range is pretty far that i can bring my phone around the house with me and still have the speakers connected and playing without any connection cutting off.
- Sound quality is good. It will not replace a 2 in 1 speaker system, but it has good highs and strong lows.
- Bluetooth connection is quick and easy, and speaker operation is also simple, and pairing two of them, from the speakers, works well.
- Battery life is less than many speakers have today, but is long enough for most purposes and it will operate while being charged, so no complaints in that area.
- I bought this 3 months ago and And already the battery does not hold a charge. Very disappointing, especially for the money spent!
- The single speaker has more than enough power and its lightweight too.
- If you are new to Ultimate ears speakers I think the app is fantastic and the party up feature that allows you to connect to multiple Boom speakers is amazing.
- I'd connected to my Samsung phone, then easily connected to my MacBook. Connection is very fast and doesn't take much time.
- Haven’t managed a reliable pairing with my boom 3 speaker either. It’s like playing vinyl that jumps on the turntable.
- It looks like it stands ok on 30% volume but when i put volume around 60-70% the battery goes on critical immediately!
JBL Pulse 3
Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3
- The pulse 3 really is the light is so amazing the sound is very good and it's very loud for it's size.
- The sizes are amazing. It fits perfectly into my room.
- The sound quality is great for the size of the speaker and I love all the different colors you can choose from.
- It can only be in a standing position, which is not always convenient.
- It does not have a strap for carrying it, which is frustrating because you will not be able to carry it constantly in your hands.
- The sound is very loud, it's rich and for its size packs some bass. It's so good I use it outside when having a barbecue.
- It's fairly weighty but not excessively heavy and feels reassuringly solid to hold, as you'd hope given that it's designed to be used outside.
- It's not too big and not too heavy making it very portable.
- It’s amazing to carry into different rooms at home and it’s perfect for anytime. It's size fits any design and home interior.
- It’s too heavy for me to throw into a bag for daily use because it adds extra weight and the bag gets a couple pounds heavier.
- Pairing was very easy and fast. I dont think i need to explain much about bluetooth pairing.
- RGB is awesome. It feels like a modern lava lamp and matches my PC gaming RGB peripherals.
- You can control the lights on the speaker and your phone and music and bass sounds amazing.
- I got a bit disappointed that if you are listening at a moderate volume the lights will not match the music and will barely move on the equalizer mode.
- There is no strap for more convenient transportation.
- Don’t bother getting the power up dock as battery life is excellent and the charge port is now on the side.
- The controls are pretty straightforward, with a multi-function button on the top, and a large plus and minus button on the front face.
- The speaker is supposed to be drop-proof from a height of three feet. I didn't dare try it from that height, but I did drop it on a wooden floor from around two feet and it was fine.
- It’s waterproof too so you don’t have to worry if the rain catches you by surprise during a barbecue.
- Doesn't have voice control Alexa which the more expensive does Megablast have.
- Usb charges for a long time, but it's worth it because after charging the device lasts for 12 hours.
- For the entire time of using the usb port has not broken and it makes me very happy.
- AUX works perfectly, clearly transmits sound to the speaker. And it's really nice to listen, the sound doesn't get any worse.
- Theres a input for an aux cord but the JBL Pulse 3 didn't come with a aux cord.
- My particular unit has an issue when using AUX. Sound cuts in and out at random.
- The UE3 Megaboom is well over what I expected. Firstly, download the app, pair your phone, select your music and off you go.
- The charging socket is a micro-USB so no need to worry about losing a cable.
- A nice long USB cable for charging and looks very classy and sleek.
- They removed the audio jack so now the only way to connect to the speaker is via bluetooth.
- My one issue is that there is no aux in cable, so only Bluetooth can be used to play music.