Product Comparison: JBL Flip 4 vs Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
JBL Flip 4
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
- The battery life is amazing and I believe it does indeed last for the time stated here, if not longer.
- It is robust, has a great sound, and the battery life is pretty good too.
- The battery life is good, I've only once used it from full charge to empty and it almost lasted the 12 hours stated.
- Battery life 12-15 hours. We have it sailing but haven’t had to test its water resistance yet! Sound is excellent and I can walk round the house and down both ends of the garden without losing it
- The battery life is shockingly bad. A full charge lasts about two hours when streaming music from my phone...
- I use it on my computer, when I camp, when I go literally anywhere. Even with constant use I’ve got about two to three days use.
- The audio quality is great, it gets nice and loud, never have any issues with a seamless bluetooth connection, and I really like the graphic design of the speaker grille.
- The best feature about this speaker is the endless battery life. It seems like I almost never charge it and it has 100 ft Bluetooth connectivity.
- The product itself is great, but there are some firmware bugs. For example, it cannot connect to two devices simultaneously as advertised.
- It will disconnect one device to connect to another one. Also, the tap control to pause and skip songs is not the best.
JBL Flip 4
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2
- Clear sound, great volume and bass for the size I take it with me a bit everywhere.
- I was surprised how loud the volume was and how clear the sound is for such a small size.
- Massively good sound considering the size of the speaker easily fill a room great powerful bass good sturdy construction easily portable.
- Can’t fault this product at all. Great sound , features and handy size. Well built - love JBL Kit.
- Serious speaker, bass is nice and deep.. The volume is excellent for a speaker of its size.
- It's not too big and not too heavy making it very portable.
- It’s amazing to carry into different rooms at home and it’s perfect for anytime. It's size fits any design and home interior.
- A very convenient speaker, you can easily take with you on trips.
- It’s too heavy for me to throw into a bag for daily use.
- As for me it is big and uncomfortable and it requires a lot of space in the bag.
- Excellent sound quality, love that it's waterproof and battery lasts ages.
- The sound quality is fantastic for a speaker of its size. I've dropped mine several times and not a scratch and so far totally waterproof. A great buy.
- Truly waterproof (tried and tested). Definitely a product worth what it is.
- Have used it while power boating, kayaking and around the pool. Good waterproofing.
- No problems at all with it. ipx7 waterproof is very good tried it every thing works perfectly.
- However, the 360 sound is great, and it is really loud. Even at low volume the sound is clear and the bass is strong.
- Very impressed with the amount of sound that comes from this speaker.
- It also is Alexa compatible. Apparently, it is supposed to work with Siri and Google Assistant but I haven't figured out how to make either of those work yet. Very happy with this speaker.
- I've had it plugged into the wall, playing music and the UE Boom app on my phone shows the battery is charging. I really like that I can turn the speaker on and off remotely with the app.
- I just hope they update the firmware soon and maybe add actual buttons instead of unreliable tap controls.
- The charging cycle doesn’t last long and the speaker comes with a nice USB cable for charging.
- A big plus is that it doesn't have the additional weight/headache of batteries as it's usb chargeable!
- Connection via USB works without problems, the battery saves a charge for a long time.
- I wish the charger came with a plug in for a wall and not just the USB cable.
- The micro usb connector is just too weak or doesn't give enough support and ends up breaking on the unit.
- Third one and I love it this is an amazing product that can handle any situation. Highly recommending these.
- Overall very impressed by how easy the functions are, the quality of the sound, the size of the speaker, and the design.
- Great interface is very simple and beautiful. There is nothing superfluous.
- It's a shame that it can not be used as powerbank. This function would be needed.
- Usb connector broke after a month of use. Charging may fall from the connector.