Product Comparison: JBL Flip 5 vs JBL Pulse 3
JBL Flip 5
JBL Pulse 3
- The sound is solid and bass is pleasantly heavy. The booming effect at the sides of the speaker is a very nice touch, allows you to ‘see’ the bass.
- Sound quality takes the form of emotive and rugged lows that surge out like a flood of primal energy, whetting your appetite and leaving you esurient for more volume.
- Here the Flip 5 delivers good mids with a strong sense of detail and fidelity, while remaining relatively clean for a bluetooth speaker.
- I work in an automotive shop and I keep my volume at 25% in my station. Phenomenal sound, phenomenal quality, could not be happier.
- Playtime is only about 4 hours at best. Unless you’re listening at minimum levels, 12 hours of playtime is a pipe dream.
- The range is pretty far that i can bring my phone around the house with me and still have the speakers connected and playing without any connection cutting off.
- Sound quality is good. It will not replace a 2 in 1 speaker system, but it has good highs and strong lows.
- Bluetooth connection is quick and easy, and speaker operation is also simple, and pairing two of them, from the speakers, works well.
- Battery life is less than many speakers have today, but is long enough for most purposes and it will operate while being charged, so no complaints in that area.
- I bought this 3 months ago and And already the battery does not hold a charge. Very disappointing, especially for the money spent!
JBL Flip 5
JBL Pulse 3
- It fits nicely in my bike water bottle cage. I am using the Profile Designs Kage, that completely surrounds a bottle (to speaker) in this case.
- This speaker has quite convenient dimensions for moving it in your hands.
- It can be attached to a bicycle or put in a backpack and it will not take up much space.
- I was disappointed that he does not have a strap for more convenient transportation.
- It does not weigh too much but it will not be convenient enough to carry it with you because after an hour you will feel heaviness in your hands.
- The pulse 3 really is the light is so amazing the sound is very good and it's very loud for it's size.
- The sizes are amazing. It fits perfectly into my room.
- The sound quality is great for the size of the speaker and I love all the different colors you can choose from.
- It can only be in a standing position, which is not always convenient.
- It does not have a strap for carrying it, which is frustrating because you will not be able to carry it constantly in your hands.
- Sound great easy to pair with all and multiple bluetooth devices very easy to switch from device to other devices such as phones computers and tv's.
- Great quality and crystal clear sound! Pairs easily with my devices whether it's a Samsung or Apple.
- This little speaker packs a punch! I have not tested the waterproof aspect of the speaker yet but I'm so impressed with the sound quality and battery life.
- Flip 5 uses JBL PartyBoost, while other recent JBL speakers use JBL Connect+. Therefore, you cannot link the Flip 5 with other JBL speakers besides the Flip 5.
- After 2 months, I began to notice that the battery was quickly discharging, which caused me frustration.
- Pairing was very easy and fast. I dont think i need to explain much about bluetooth pairing.
- RGB is awesome. It feels like a modern lava lamp and matches my PC gaming RGB peripherals.
- You can control the lights on the speaker and your phone and music and bass sounds amazing.
- I got a bit disappointed that if you are listening at a moderate volume the lights will not match the music and will barely move on the equalizer mode.
- There is no strap for more convenient transportation.
- Sounds great and love that it's waterproof. It was on the edge of my hot tub, it fell in and still works great.
- The USB-C charging plug is so much more convenient than the older charging methods as I have multiple of those around the house already.
- Using your USB-C cable, charging takes place quickly, it takes 2 hours.
- No voice assistant or speakerphone connectivity, either which was very disappointing after the purchase.
- Uses USB-C cable, so not compatible with the dozens of other USB cables I have.
- I was disappointed when I found out that this speaker does not have an AUX.
- Usb charges for a long time, but it's worth it because after charging the device lasts for 12 hours.
- For the entire time of using the usb port has not broken and it makes me very happy.
- AUX works perfectly, clearly transmits sound to the speaker. And it's really nice to listen, the sound doesn't get any worse.
- Theres a input for an aux cord but the JBL Pulse 3 didn't come with a aux cord.
- My particular unit has an issue when using AUX. Sound cuts in and out at random.