Product Comparison: Epson Perfection 4490 vs Epson Perfection V600
- Very good quality for the price. Easy to use.
- Easy installation, very high quality scans.
- It is a fast scanner and great quality and the fact you can color correct.
- Image quality blew my mind the first time I scanned a photo of my wife and I that we had shot by a professional.
- It produces good quality products. I am quite pleased.
- I've owned a dozen different flatbed scanners and a couple of film scanners. You might be able to get better results from a more expensive scanner, but for the money this Epson V600 is tough to beat. Highly recommended.
- I have experimented with many different scanning resolutions and found the same thing others did, that if you scan at very high resolutions like 9600 or above and save the files as TIFF, you get a huge file that is high res.
- I use my 4490 to scan the documents that let me go paperless (receipts, invoices, letters, legal documents etc.).
- Used for general scanning of documents and old photos. Easy to use.
- I use this mostly for documents, but it works great for any of my photos.
- I use it to scan documents and images from books.
- I use the scanner for old photographs and a variety of other documents.
- First, this unit does a superb job of scanning both slides and film, so that part worked out very well. At first, I scanned at 4800 dpi, but after a bit, realized that 3600 dpi was more than enough resolution for most pictures.
- The best feature of the Epson Scanner is the software. I love it!
- The software hardware/combination works very well and has all the reliability and value I expected from an Epson product.
- It was very easy to set up, and the software has a good mix of complexity (for experienced users) and simplicity (for novice users).
- The software works very well, the pictures have come out as good they could have, and the price is great.
- The scanner's software is wonderful, with its restoration of color, backlighting adjustments to name a few.