Product Comparison: Polk Audio Atrium 5 vs Polk Audio Atrium 6
- I should add that you should not expect these to sound like you have a subwoofer in your space. Don't expect in-your-face bass. But do expect a very well rounded sound across all music genres. I'd buy these again in a heartbeat.
- Great speakers, provide solid base when mounted in a corner - much more than I would expect of a speaker system lacking a subwoofer.
- They are larger than we had anticipated, but still fit in the space that we wanted to put them in. They are generally protected from the weather by our eaves, and so we haven't put them in any extreme conditions.
- The most impressive feature of these speakers is the large sound field.
- Pure sound with great base response. Love the look and strongly recommend for outside speakers as they handle the brutal Colorado foothills sun exposure. Easy to mount and connect.
- These are fairly heavy speakers, so this is really a nice factor when working off a ladder. The only thing I'd fault is it's not possible to use straight banana plugs as the housing does not have enough room to insert these in.
- Speakers easily fit into the bracket, and are secure by hand with giant hand screws on each end.
- It can be hard to get good speakers for outside because of the amount of space the sound needs to fill, but I think these do a great job especially at the price point.
- The Atrium 6 speakers installed very quickly, without any fuss and sounded great from the get-go.
- The mounting system works well to keep them close to the wall. Their design works well in corners.
- Much better highs and lows than the 251s. You'll need to break in the speakers for 4-6 hours (to loosen up the voice coils) and once you do that, you'll find much better range than the 251s. Clearer sound, much less muddy than the Bose units
- The Atrium 5 did not.....So, if you like deeper sound - purchase the Atrium 6. Great for late night jazz.
- The clarity is absolutely amazing, I'm able to easily understand vocals without pumping up the volume so they don't interfere with conversations or aggravate the neighbors.
- More than enough bass, clarity and accuracy for my application. Looking forward now to some deck weather to properly break them in.
- The highs are not Tinny and the lows are rounded out and nice. They have also survived the heat and the ridiculous rain storms of Texas.