Product Comparison: Synology DS218+ vs Synology DS718+
- The DS218+ was a huge step up even though I'm not taking advantage of all the different applications that are available for it. Great number of slots.
- I hooked the drive up right away, the setup was pretty easy.
- Demonstrates excellent performance, I like that I can fit 2 drives.
- I paired this unit up with 2x WD Red Pro 2TB drive.
- I just wanted something for backup of the main drive on my PC. This is good storage with nice 2 slots.
- Useless system can't read most external drives.
- Syslog server is great. Really handy if your router or firewall can send logs.
- To start off out of the box the L2TP VPN never worked.
- I stream movies from it at home with a Roku and it’s flawless!
- CPU handles streaming and hosting Minecraft with no issues. Streams UHD movies just fine.
- Easily handles all tasks without maxing out the CPU or RAM.
- This is a very nice unit, plenty of CPU power and fast disk read/write speeds with good-quality drives installed.
- Order this to serve as a media storage, plex server, and torrenting machine. Great CPU and RAM.
- Supports external USB drives and the speed is very consistent even when I try to access the files over the internet.
- Since the USB port is USB type 3, I thought the copy would go pretty quickly.
- I can copy the whole library to my laptop in a few minutes via USB.
- So many features and amazing software support. Has 2 LAN and 3 USB. Great!
- Wish Synology would offer USB-C ports, but USB 3.0 works well.