Chef's Choice Diamon
Perfect for Everyone!
What features do we all expect from a perfect knife sharpener? Ease of use, efficient performance, and functionality, yeah? Chef's Choice Electric Knife Sharpener has all of them! It works for perfect sharpening of both Asian and European/North American knives (15º and 20º respectively). Asian knives are sharper, whereas, European/North American knives are more robust and durable. Patented flexible spring guides of this electric sharpener ensure most precise sharpening of all blade types. Just pull the blade smoothly several times through the slot and get it sharp to perform the tasks you need! Owing to 15º (first stage) and 20º (second stage) angle sharpening, you can create a double level "Gothic Arch" edge to make your knives even more durable and long-lasting. All in all, the Chef's Choice knife sharpener provides you with an opportunity to sharpen all knives in your household in mere seconds and maintain their sharpness at all times.
If you are interested in hunting knives, please look through our review here.
Andrew James Electric Knife Sharpener
If You Prefer Carbon Steel Knives, Get This!
When selecting a knife sharpener, you should firstly consider what type of knives it works best for. Today, carbon steel knives grow in popularity more and more due to the exceptional properties of carbon steel. Compared to stainless steel cutting tools, carbon steel knives sustain sharpness much longer. At the same time, they are easier to sharpen too! If you think it is exactly what you've been looking for, then this wonderful Andrew James electric knife sharpener will become the best choice. It can efficiently grind various types of metal blades, namely, such as stainless steel and carbon alloys. Besides, this wonderful knife sharpener is pretty easy to use since it has three suction cups at the bottom to prevent its slipping off a worktop. We are sure that the Andrew James Electric Knife Sharpener will become the right tool in your household.
How about getting one of these wonderful knife sets?
AnySharp Knife Sharpener
Good Things Come In a Small Package
AnySharp products are highly appreciated by users worldwide for their high quality and portability. This knife sharpener is an awesome user-friendly appliance that boasts a winning combination of compact size and high functionality. It is very portable (only 6 cm high) yet efficient. You can be sure that this little knife sharpener will do a great job, sharpening all knives edges to suit a variety of cutting tasks. Note that its portable size provides for its easy storage since the item can fit in most cupboard drawers. In addition, it looks great and takes minimum space on any worktop. This model is also available in a silver colour.
To have all the tools you might need at hand, consider buying a high-quality multi-tool.
This is a Kind of Magic
With Knifewizard Electric Knife Sharpener, you can sharpen any knife to a 15-degree cutting angle, common for Asian knives and perfect for most cutting tasks. Plus, spring-loaded grinding wheels allow for easy sharpening of knives with a variable blade thickness. This awesome sharpener ensures a perfectly sharp knife edge each time you use it! Besides, it is suitable for sharpening both straight edge and scalloped edge knives. Thus, you can always keep all your knives, including Chef knives, in the best condition.
Speaking of Chef knife, we would like to note that it's a must-have knife in any household. Chopping, mincing, slicing, dicing... It easily copes with all kitchen jobs! If you still haven't got this awesome tool in your kitchen, it is time to consider buying your first one.
Harcas Knife Sharpener 2 Stage Sharpening System
Simple and Functional
If you are looking for a decent tool for all-around sharpening, consider buying the Harcas premium knife sharpener. This wonderful kitchen tool will allow you to sharpen even the dullest or damaged blades. It boasts two sharpening stages - sharpening with tungsten carbide blades that remove some metal to restore a cutting blade geometry and honing/polishing with ceramic rods. Yet, if your knives are not too much dull and all you want is to get them a bit sharper, you will easily do with the second stage only. The Harcas premium knife sharpener is a simple and functional sharpener that offers ergonomic design, a comfortable grip, rubber stable base and a universal sharpening angle to meet the needs of the majority of customers throughout the world. What's more, the price for it isn't high and affordable for most people too. If you care about your family and want to make cooking much more enjoyable for your wife or for yourself, keeping knives sharp is a necessary condition. Pick this high-quality knife sharpener and you'll not regret your choice.
For cutting succulent stakes and meat on your plate, get one of these awesome steak knives.
What is a Knife Sharpener
All cutting tools need care and they must be sharpened one day. We often face this problem when our knives get blunt and, as a result, show poor performance when we need to cut meat, vegetables, and other food. Moreover, you may also have various camping, hunting or cooking knives that require rejuvenation, too. Thus, having a good knife sharpener is surely a must. Some knife sharpeners require certain experience while others are quite easy to use. Our knife sharpener review will help you choose the best model according to your needs.
Furthermore, you may need such useful devices as a food scale and a cooking thermometer in your kitchen.
What Features to Compare
Type and features
First of all, you need to pay attention to the type and features of a knife sharpener. There are several types of knife sharpeners. Electric and mechanical knife sharpeners, as well as whetstone models, are good for everyday use.
- Electric sharpeners usually have a trapezoid or rectangular body with several grooves for blade sharpening. Each groove includes disks that are made of various abrasive materials. The discs rotate, thereby whetting and polishing the blades. As customers claim, such knife sharpeners are very easy to use, yet, they should stand on a table firmly. Moreover, some knife sharpeners collect metal filings left after the sharpening. This beneficial option will really save your time!
- Mechanical (manual) knife sharpeners have also got a wide range of options: replaceable abrasive stones, adjustable sharpening angle, etc. Mechanical knife sharpeners are great space-savers and can be used even during campings or trips. However, you need to get the hang of using such sharpeners. Thanks to convenient handles and rubber feet, these sharpeners will not slip out of your hands.
- As for the whetstones, they have been used to sharpen the knives for ages. Naturally, their shape is being changed over time. They may look like a bar or disc. Some of them are designed for sharpening, while others are developed for polishing and honing. The quality of sharpening with whetstones completely depends on your skills. However, the whetstone knife sharpeners are considered to be the most unpretentious appliances. Note that the measuring marks and other helpful tips will facilitate the use.
The sharpening angle determines the quality of sharpening. It is advised to keep the sharpening angle preset by a manufacturer. Furthermore, be mindful of the material and purpose of your knife so as to extend its life. The sharpening angle of 15°-22° is believed to be suitable for kitchen knives, while 22°-30° angle is perfect for grinding hunting and multi-purpose knives. You can also find some knife sharpeners with an adjustable sharpening angle which is a useful feature. Just imagine, you can change the angle of sharpening anytime! But keep in mind that the less it is, the sharper and more fragile the blade will be. The big sharpening angle is typical for heavy-duty knives made of high-strength steel (for example, meat cleavers or bone choppers).
The number of sharpening stages depends on the material and condition of your knife. The whetting of metal knives includes the following stages.
- At the first stage, the rough sharpening eliminates the damages and defects. At this stage, carbide is usually used as an abrasive material.
- The second stage involves the polishing and refinement carried out by ceramic whetstones or Arkansas stones (the pieces of microcrystalline quartz quarried from open pits in Arkansas State). Once this stage is completed, the blade of your knife becomes smooth and shrill.
Considering the abrasive material, it may be natural or artificial. The latter is manufactured especially for sharpening needs, and artificial materials are considered to be more durable. But if you have knives with serrated or ceramic blades, you will need a special sharpener for them.
1. Joe Talmadge The Sharpening FAQs from the Usenet News Group rec.knives, KnifeCenter.
2. Knife Sharpener Buying Guide, eBay. March 3, 2016.
3. Types of Knives Sharpeners, Buck Knives.
4. Knife Sharpening, Buck Knives.
5. Blade, Wikipedia. November 27, 2016.
6. How to Sharpen Kitchen Knives, Cook's Illustrated. March 9, 2016.