Product Comparison: SanDisk SSD Plus vs Samsung 850 EVO
SSD Plus (SDSSDA-240G-G26)
850 EVO Series (MZ-75E500B/AM)
About the Product
Boost the performance and extend the life of your laptop or desktop PC with the SanDisk SSD Plus. This durable solid state drive delivers sequential read speeds of up to 530MB/s (1) for up to 20X the speed of a typical hard disk drive (2). This means faster boot-ups, shutdowns, data transfers, and application response times than with a hard disk drive (2). Plus, it doesn’t overheat, make noise, or burn through battery and is shock- and vibration-resistant (3). You can also monitor the status of your favorite media applications using the SanDisk SSD Dashboard (4) that provides tools for monitoring and optimizing system performance.
Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s 850 EVO, designed with state of the art SSD which includes 3D V-NAND technology. In 840 EVO, you will get three dimensional chip design that enables performance, reliability and high energy efficiency so you can work and play faster and longer than before.
What customers say about "Key Specs"
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Drive
- Install was easy and the write/read speed were very close to advertised speed.
- It has read speeds of around 540 Mbps and will greatly improve you system speed. I have had users ask me what I done to their computers because it is so fast now.
- The drive has great read and write speeds. The drive also fits within the drive bay as it should.
- Reading/writing speed increased considerably for all my programs. I highly recommend.
- This really gave my old PC a boost as far as speed and storage capacity.
Size & Weight
Memory Chip Type
Faster Boot-ups, Shutdowns, and App Response Times, Extend the Life of Your Laptop or Desktop PC, Easy Set-up
Dynamic Thermal Guard Protection, End-to-end Integration Solution, Improved Energy Efficiency, Guaranteed Endurance and reliability, Enhanced RAPID mode
What customers say about "Features"
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Drive
- Uses normal SATA III interface and was recognized by computer with no problem.
- If your system supports SATA 3 only, you won't be disappointed with this; I personally bought a few, and never had an issue with any of them.
- I have installed several Samsung V-NAND SSD 850 EVO Drives on my Windows 10 PC's without a glitch. The is a great upgrade (Super fast startups and shutdowns) And quicker with drive intensive tasks (Antivirus scans).
- Very fast SSD and offers 256-bit encryption, I cannot find a better SSD than this one.
- The 32-layer 3D VNAND flash memory ensures reliable performance, and AES 256-bit encryption keeps my data private.
- No reduction in start-up time. Still takes about 20-ish seconds. Not bad, but I don't understand why there isn't at least a little improvement.
Warranty / Certifications