Product Comparison: Klipsch R-10SW vs Polk Audio PSW10
About the Product
Music, movies and games will have the extra something that they have been missing with the addition of the R–10SW to your home theater. The front firing 10 inch subwoofer offers the flexibility of placement in any room for pulse pounding bass on demand.
PSW10 fills in the bottom end of your home theater system. Relieve your main speakers from performing bass duty and let them work on the mids and highs. PSW10 is a great addition to any subwooferless system and will bring your movie watching experience to the next level.
Size & Weight
What customers say about "Size & Weight"
- I know there are bigger and better subwoofers out there, even more powerful Klipsch subwoofers but this one is the perfect size for a small living room in an apt.
- Good size unit for my room. Great clarity for the more demanding music.
- Love the auto shutoff feature and size. This powered woofer should be enough for most living rooms.
- It's the perfect size for smaller living rooms or home theaters.
- I was surprised at the size of the subwoofer. It is BIG. And heavy.
Polk Audio PSW10
- This is a very robust, appropriately weighted (heavy) cabinet--exactly as you'd want with a 10" sub.
- Weight is a big plus because when we watch movies I don't have to worry about vibrating all over the room.
- As far as it's weight, well it's a little on the heavy side , which is a good thing.
- This is an amazing subwoofer. Great price but pay attention to the size! It's huge! Comes in a big box too and it was almost too big for my basement studio.
- Given the size of the room it serves duty in, I wish the cabinet was a little smaller, but that a nit pick.
Min. Frequency Response
Max. Frequency Response
Sound Output Direction
What customers say about "Audio"
- The size of the speaker helps it to easily reproduce very low frequencies without distortion, and without having to crank the volume to get the effect you want.
- Size doesn't matter apparently, this thing literally makes my house shake. Outstanding build quality with superior sound i've never experienced before.
- I think this subwoofer really excels in all areas (movies, tv, music, etc). Really responsive and can deliver impressive base.
- I noticed some serious holes in the low end, mid range and even high end frequencies.
- Big mistake since there was the lack of the deep/low frequency that I was looking for.
Polk Audio PSW10
- Fantastic, deep, thundering sound for my home theater system. Excellent response.
- The nice thing about a 10" sub is that it can hit some deep lows but has really good bass response.
- The Sound was really good with Good bass. We could hear the sound effect on the feet and Sofa. Terrific Sound.
- This sub is great for any living room setup out there. Very tight and responsive bass. Pushed deep bass with ease. Sounds great even at loud volume.
- This Polk sub provides additional Bass to my Yamaha YAS 108 soundbar. The quality of the Bass is less than I hoped for. It will go loud enough, but is not Clean Bass.
Phase switch, Low Pass, Gain
Volume control, Low Pass, Phase switch
Indoor Or Outdoor Use
All-Digital Amplifier, Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet, Spun copper img woofer
Easy connection to any system, Smart sensing circuitry
What customers say about "Features"
- Good response. Gain control a little tight, but manageable.
- It’s very flexible with the volume and frequency knobs. It integrated nicely into my setup.
- The controls and setup are easy to understand. My receiver has an optimization setup that helps to balance the output of the speakers based on your speaker positions.
- Its controls are effective to get the impact, volume and dynamic range that you want. If you want it boomy you can make it so.
- The corners appear to be very poorly painted, and, the overall finish is not very nice.
Polk Audio PSW10
- This sub is manufactured with great quality components, you can tell right away by looking an feeling them.
- There is a dial on the back where you can turn the bass up or down, to adjust it to exactly how you want it balanced with the other speakers.
- The adjustable volume and crossover allow me tune it to my satisfaction, and the bass is full bodied but never boomy.
- Once I learned where to find the volume control by touch, I could reach behind the PSW10 and adjust it to my heart's content.
- No noticeable unwanted resonance, rattling or vibration. I like the adjustable cross over and sound level controls.
RCA LFE input, Stereo RCA
2x Speakers, RCA in
What customers say about "Connectivity"
- I've got it connected to an Onkyo TX-RZ820 with 5 old Bose surround speakers. And everything worked great.
- I have this sub connected to a Martin Logan wireless sub transmitter and receiver. This sub is so accurate. And the connection is stable.
- I connected it to my Denon AVR and it works perfect.
- Easy hook up and connection. Outstanding deep bass in all sound modes.
- The system does not come with subwoofer cables and you would need to order a good quality cable.
Polk Audio PSW10
- This sub is versatile with adjustments and connection options in the back. I love my music and movies loud and this sub delivers everything I need.
- A big plus is that it comes with both speaker-level and line-level inputs.
- There's a useful selection of controls on the rear panel, including an in and out series speaker wire feed (for amplifiers and receivers which have no RCA sub-woofer/pre-out feed).
- This was my first Subwoofer of its kind and Day-1 when I connected with my new Sony A/V Receiver and listened to a few Online 5.1 Dolby DTS ATOMS videos it blew my head.
- I used a 6-foot FosPower RCA Y-Adapter to hook up the PSW10 with the right and left RCA connections. Very impressive!
Warranty / Certifications
Kenwood KSC-SW11 150W Underseat Active Subwoofer with Passive Radiatorvs
Pioneer TS-WX120A Amplified Subwoofer System
Yamaha NS-SW500 250 Watt Subwoofer
Wharfedale Diamond SW150 Subwoofervs
Yamaha NSSW050 Powered Subwoofer with 8 Driver - Black
Sonos SUB wireless Powered Subwoofervs
Sonos SUB (Gen. 2) Wireless Subwoofer, Gloss White