Product Comparison: Garrett Ace 250 vs Garrett Ace 400
- Great detector with many of the features of the AT PRO at a lower price point. This is also a major upgrade over the ACE 150 and 250. It handles interference much, much better and the DD coil separates signals way better.
- I had the ace 350 for a few years and this came out. So I sold the 350 and bought the 400 I'm glad I did the 350 is an awesome machine but the 400 is better with the tones, iron audio and I love the number scale.
- I've been very pleased with my purchase and have been having good success with my treasure hunts. The DD coil makes a huge difference when hunting on property that has a ton of trash and iron throughout it.
- Works great with coil in water as long as you don't submerge the power pack.
- Alerts on everything. I bought this to try to trace some metal pipes running shallowly across my property. But it took just 30 minutes to realize that using a metal detector was useless for this purpose. Too many other targets? I
- This unit is awesome! Not heavy and easy to use.
- Its not heavy and bulky. I can easy walk with ace 400 all day.
- Too heavy for me to use had to send back.
- I was hitting coins at 8-9 inches and more through trash and junk that myself and many others had missed and I'm not talking crappy ass modern clad either. I recovered everything from Indian Heads to Walking Liberties and had no idea that these older coins were even there this whole time.
- I've had my detector for over a year now and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I've found things around 8-10" down using the stock coil and have since added a couple of NEL coils and a Garrett 4" coil. In my opinion, it's a great detector for anyone who wants to get into the hobby.
- I have found pendants, coins, a diamond earring, horse and oxen shoes and my first crotal bell!! This detector does it all and at a reasonable price! I highly recommend the Garrett Ace 400 for the weekend warrior or hardcore hobbyist!
- So, in conclusion, the Ace 400 is a superb mid-level machine, accurate, easy to use and if an object is there it will find it up to roughly 10"-12" depending on size and conditions.
- I'm now systematically going to all the places I had previously visited and my results thus far have been more than pleasing. The 400 is very easy to learn how to use and beyond accurate, the headphones that come with it are very nice, small and comfortable.
- Garrett has done a great job with this detector, adding iron audio to the ace series and utilizing pwm audio, the response time between objectives is clearly heard. You can tell if it's one target or two.
- Iron audio is great. Affordable and surprisingly powerful. Large coil. I love the digital target ID.
- Did not even last thru the life of the original batteries. Would return if I could. I would not recommend. Constant noise on every surface.
- Used for fun. Complicated to learn how to use, for me anyway.