Product Comparison: Plantronics Voyager Edge vs Plantronics Voyager Legend
- The headset itself is great and the noise cancelling is amazing. I work in a data center with so much noise I can barely hear myself, but people on the other end can't even hear the noise. Its amazing to be honest.
- Unlike the Plantronics E50 and Plantronics M70, it actually DOES have some background wind/noise cancelling ability (and costs twice as much).
- Boom and over-the-ear connector rotate easily to adapt to Left or Right ear placement or to flatten to fit in the pocket
- Amazing noise canceling! This is a great headset for taking calls while driving. I've used it extensively while doing rideshare. People hear me nice and clear. The battery life is great as well.
- Battery seems to last a long while (Advertised to be 7 hours, but I have not used until it was dead yet)
- The extra buttons make accessing various features relatively simple.
- One feature that I REALLY like is the charging wire. It has a magnetic coupling so there is no inserting a mini usb into the device.
- While using gps navigation like apple maps or google maps it does not properly communicate with Iphone6 so voice instructions do not transmit (this is never a problem with the E50 or M70) which defeats the feature of hands-free driving.
- The voice command features I didn't expected would mean not much to me, but they prove to be very convenient if you are already wearing the headset.
- The Voyager Legend doesn't skimp on other features, either. You have access to a completely hands free device at all times. When a call comes in, you will be told who is calling and then asked if you want to answer the call.
- Charging - the proprietary new charging connector by Plantronics may send a lot of loyal customers in the opposite direction. But I genuinely believe they did this out of consumrs best interest cos of the really tiny usb ports.
- I would strongly recommend buying the charging case with it. I charge the case up once a week (for couple hours) and then it will charge the headset every night when I put up for the night, with out being plug in.
- Percentage charged is shown on your notification screen on phone.
- Need a special adapter/cable OR charging case to charge. Does not use Micro USB by default.
- I've owned this for about 8 months and already am unable to get more than 2 hours of talk time between full charges.