What is a Straightening Brush?
Beautiful, straight and silky hair is not just a dream of all girls around the world, but also a reason for spending a lot of money on hair styling products. With a straightening brush, however, to have straight hair has become as easy as never before. This cutting-edge device should be an arsenal of any girl who takes care of her appearance and keeps up with fashion trends. Straightening brushes can easily tame even the most unruly hair leaving it silky smooth and straight. And the best part of it all is that they can do it in less than a few minutes. Unlike many hot hair tools, straightening brushes don't cause damage to the hair, nor do they create tangles. What they do is, they glide smoothly along the entire length, combing and straightening each hair to perfection.
If you prefer curly hair over straight, consider our other comprehensive review on the curling irons.
What Features to Compare
Design and Material
Among the important factors to consider before purchasing a straightening brush are design and plate material. The common brushes presented on the market can look like a normal brush, a flat iron and a round brush. The choice should be made on your individual preferences. Our own findings have shown though that ladies with shorter hair usually prefer using a regular brush, for it’s easier to section the hair and brush it from the top to the bottom. The ball tipped bristles heat up and kindly straighten the hair. Straightening brushes that look like flat irons come with water containers to generate the steam. This way, people can not only straighten the hair but also hydrate it to achieve shiny and silky results. Round straightening brushes allow girls to add up some volume and curl the hair as well, which makes this straightener a universal solution for those customers who like changing their hairstyle from time to time. With regards to material, most of the straightening brushes are made of ceramics. This material heats up evenly and maintains the temperature pretty well. It also gently works on most hair types without causing harm. When being heated up, it emits negative ions that penetrate the hair and make it shine. The tourmaline plates are a bit more expensive, but the effect they produce is stunning.
Consider a temperature range of the chosen model. It may vary from 140°F to 450°F. The owners of thick, healthy hair may easily opt for higher temperatures while girls with weak and thin hair should stick to using a lower temperature in order not to burn the hair. If your natural hair is unruly or wavy, higher temperatures are also preferable. Make sure a straightening brush has a temperature indicator and controls to customize the heat.
Functions and Usability
These are significant factors which determine effective work of a brush and should be taken into consideration if you want to purchase a really quality item.
- Temperature lock function is very helpful and allows for maintaining the same temperature for as long as you need without changing it.
- Auto Shut-Off is an important feature too, for if you ever leave your device on, it will shut off automatically after a set period of time (which is usually about 60 mins).
- Temperature conversion might be important for people who live in different regions. This function will let them see the temperature in either °F or °C measurement units.
- A display will show you the set temperature, thereby minimizing the risk of hair damage.
- Silicon bristle tips gently work on the scalp and don’t scratch or burn it. They also massage the head and improve blood circulation on the whole.
- A 360-swivel cord allows for comfortable use without wire tangle.
- A transportation case would come in handy for those consumers who often travel. Proper maintenance is important to extend the service life of any device.
- Argan oil is often supplied as a bonus, using which you can not only straighten your hair but also revitalize it and make look incredibly healthy and shiny.
Asavea Hair Straightener Brush Fastest Heating
Designed With Care About Customers
The AsaVea hair straightener brush is an innovative hair straightening tool that would come to liking to most ladies who look after their hair. Even if you’ve already got a flat iron, it doesn’t mean you wouldn’t get any use out of a straightening brush, for despite these two tools have got a lot in common, their operating principle is different. Unlike flat irons, straightening brushes not only smoothen hair up but also comb it, massaging gently your head. Don’t worry about possible damage to hair caused by heat, the AsaVea hair straightener is absolutely safe to use thanks to the advanced MCH ceramic heat technology and plates coated in ceramic. The heating temperature increases gradually for you to set the needed one according to your hair type. The AsaVea hair brush heats up in seconds and delivers outstanding performance, combing through all types of hair, including thick and curly. Cut down the time you usually spend making your hair in the morning, get the AsaVea hair brush and get ready in minutes.
As Smoothly as Possible
Among the first thing you should consider when choosing a straightening brush is the bristles. Knowing the material, you’d be able to say how easy it will be to comb through your hair type and untangle the knots. The Apalus Brush hair straightener features a ceramic coating which is commonly considered to be the best material used in producing electric hair tools. This means, when using the Apalus brush, you’d be able to make your hair not only perfectly straight and combed but also looking healthy and glossy. One more advantage of ceramics is that it prevents frizz and doesn’t dry hair. Ceramic bristles don’t ruin hair structure and don’t cause split ends too. So, if your only concern is the risk of damaging hair, worry not. This Apalus Brush hair straightener is totally safe to use.
Do Not Harm
Intuitively, it is clear how to use a straightening brush. However, there are some steps you should take into account. Let’s consider them one by one.
- First of all, wash your hair and dry it.
- If your hair is dyed, damaged, or just thin, it is better to treat it with a thermal protection substance.
- Plug the device in, switch it on and choose the necessary temperature, using buttons on the side panel. Consider your hair structure before you set a temperature. If your hair is thin, 140-250°F is enough. 250-350°F will be suitable for normal hair. Thick and wavy hair may require higher temperatures - 350-450°F. The straightener will heat up in a minute and you’ll be able to start hair styling.
- To straighten hair properly, you need to section it off and comb it across the entire length.
- The time spent on styling depends on your hair structure and usually takes from 5 to 20 minutes.
- After you're done, don’t forget to switch off and unplug your straightener. Though this one has an auto shut-off function and will turn off automatically after 60 minutes of being not in use.
As you can see from temperature setting recommendations, this brush will be more suitable for girls with thick, hard and normal hair. If your hair is damaged or thin, we advise using protective oils to enrich your hair with vitamins and make it look healthy.
Manufacturers often recommend buying additional accessories in order to make hair styling more effective. For example, if you treat your hair with some thermal hair protective spray, you’ll make hair protection more efficient. And heat-resistant gloves will prevent burns if you ever happen to touch heating elements. Special hairpins will let you section your hair into same locks and avoid tangles while styling.
More Products to Consider
If you've always dreamt about having a good head of hair, try one of the hot air brushes. They add volume at the hair roots while making it look thick.
Asavea Hair Straightening Brush
Special Slim Design
Today, you can find an overwhelming choice of straightening tools on the market. The AsaVea company, however, went further, releasing its unique brush with distinctive features to satisfy even the most sophisticated buyers. The first thing you'll notice about this straightener is a sleek, attractive design and a LED indicator light on the back. Still, the brush can comb through quite a lot of hair in one pass, considerably saving your time in the mornings. The bristles are heated well and thoroughly, however, not as much as to cause burns to your head, even if you'd used it at the highest settings. The AsaVea brush offers users 6 heat settings to choose from, depending on your hair type and structure. Also, it comes with a long, 360° swiveling cord, which allows using the brush comfortably at any angle without restricting your move. If you're still pondering whether to get this brush from the AsaVea or not, don't hesitate any longer. You've got a great chance to see how easy, safe and fast hair styling can be!
The straightening brush can be used on dry hair only, as combing wet hair often leads to split ends and hair damage. Let your hair dry and only then get to styling.
Get Rid of Frizzy Hair!
The dream of all girls is to have beautiful, thick and healthy-looking hair. And sometimes, it’s only possible if some styling product is used. The Kealive hair straightener brush is one of the tools you can acquire and remove irritating frizz, flatten unmanageable hair and achieve glamorous gloss. Due to the Anion Care Function, the brush releases negative ions that penetrate deeply into the hair, fight the static electricity and protect split ends from further damage under the heat. This also makes it suitable for girls with rather thin and weak hair. Just like the majority of advanced hair tools, the bristles are made of quality ceramic which also adds to safety of use and usability of the tool. You can use the Kealive hair straightener brush on any hair type, layering perfectly straight locks down in a shining hair cascade.
A lighted makeup mirror may come in handy not only when applying makeup but also when styling hair. Every girl who looks after her appearance should definitely keep one in her purse.
Noza Tec Silky Straight Hair Brush
Get Silky Straight Hair With Noza Tec Hair Straightener
Girls with curly hair often face a problem of settling their locks, and for this purpose most of them use a flat iron. The problem with the iron, however, is that it can ruin hair and cause it split along the entire length. So, flattening hair on a regular basis is not recommended. What’s the way out then if you can’t stand the look of your hair? Try this Noze Tec hair straightener, a decent alternative to straightening products, and see the results for yourself. In less than 5 minutes, all your locks will be straightened and have a salon-style gloss. Due to the heat-safe rubber tips on the bristles, the brush doesn’t pull hair and easily copes with it even it’s got tangled. The bristles also provide a great scalp massage, improving blood circulation and boosting hair growth. So, you can actually kill two birds with one stone and solve the problem of messy hair look and hair growth. The Noze Tec hair straightener comes with a travel case and supports dual voltage; you're not bound to using it only at home, bring it around and hear the compliments you deserve!
When using electric hair tools, even the safest ones, it's essential to follow some common rules. Here they are. First thing first, wash your hair and blow it dry. No matter how thick or thin your hair is, don't neglect using a thermal protection spray. Only after that, you can get to styling.
Those who want their hair to grow faster and thicker, should use a head massager that not only promotes blood flow but also helps relieve headaches, insomnia, and stress.
1. How to Choose the Best Hair Straightener for Your Hair, Overstock. June 12, 2015.
2. Megan Willett Millions of People are Going Nuts for a Brush That Can Straighten Curly Hair in Minutes, Business Insider. October 1, 2015.
3. Vivian Gomez How to Choose the Right Hairbrush for Your Hair Type & Style, HellaWella. March 20, 2014.
4. Sara Hendricks Can A Hair-Straightening Brush Actually Change Your Life? Gurl. March 23, 2016.
5. Nina Elias Hair Brushes 101, Prevention. December 10, 2012.
6. Audrey Fine, Marissa Desantis How to Blow-Dry Your Hair Like a Pro, TotalBeauty.com.
7. Jolene Edgar Brush Up: How to Choose the Best Hairbrush, Allure. June 29, 2014.
8. Hair Straightening, Wikipedia. October 30, 2016.
9. Holley K Edison Know The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hair Straightening Brush, EzineArticles.com April 8, 2016.