Product Comparison: GoPro Hero5 vs GoPro Hero 6 Black
GoPro Hero 6 Black
- I recommend 100%. In addition its versatility, size, functionality and final quality make it an ideal video camera for adventures, tourism and sports.
- There isn't another camera in the market that comes close to matching its superior picture quality + portability balance. It's light weight and very easy to use.
- The apps/software are easy, seamless, and fun. The camera itself is so freaking small it’s crazy.
- This is a very small camera writing a lot of data to a tiny card and so there will be a lot of expected heat.
- The entire camera is small which is great but they sacrificed a lot to get the camera that small.
- The touch screen is more responsive.
- The touch screen is very responsive and quick
- OMG - Amazing quality. Love the screen on the back, shots are more accurate.
- Build quality issues on two units. Visible glue around the display and serations around the bezel. I don't think I'm going to exchange yet another one. It will most likely go back for good. Build quality is everything on a $500 device!
- I got a dud! Out of the box, the screen freezes just when changing camera modes from video to photo, or trying to change camera view, or randomly when toggling through any of the control screens.
- The touch screen is a little annoying, but the photos are great.
- And the most amazing thing is the variety of resolution and fps settings. This thing can shoot 4K in 60fps! Or 1080p in 240fps! This is one incredible machine that is so compact and so useful.
- GoPro smartly got rid of the narrow and medium fov and instead added the ability to ZOOM. Essentially it's the same as using these modes but you have much more flexibility in how close or far you want the sensor to crop, plus you can see exactly what the effect will be as you adjust the zoom/fov
- Everything is better with the Hero6 and it's noticeable right away. Not only are you getting double the frame rates with 4K/60 and 1080/240, but everything just looks so much better! Stability is amazing and the color is outstanding.
- This thing can shoot 4K in 60fps! Or 1080p in 240fps! This is one incredible machine that is so compact and so useful.
- One issue with these extremely high frame rates is the inability to edit them in most mid range computers.
- Sound Quality - Not requiring a case, allows the GoPro Hero6 to have AMAZING sound quality!! When Hero5 came out, sounds quality was GREATLY upgraded!! The sound has stayed the same and is AWESOME on the Hero6
- Battery Life is fine.. After several uses on 4K60FPS I get close to 1.5 hours.. Lower quality's I can break 2 hours per battery!
- Waterproof without a case BUT you can buy a case to go even deeper!!
- All of the features of the Hero5 are also found on the Hero6. Waterproof, LCD back screen, GPS, RAW photo, manual ISO and shutter, stereo and wind resistance plus Protune audio, auto cloud updating, Quik Story, Bluetooth/Wi-Fi connectivity, and selective spot metering/ light adjustment
- Great video, terrible audio recording. If you want it for video without audio it's great. If you want audio with video your options are to use your cell phone to record audio separately and merge it later
- Camera footage is phenomenal - above water and underwater above 15 ft or so. The 33ft waterproof advertisement is misleading... it doesn't seem to leak within that range (good), but the buttons all implode (auto-press themselves) and you lose all control over the camera while diving